Owner was helpful from time of booking all the way through to when we left.
The property itself was very spacious. Master bedroom overlooks fields with sheep and their barn. Dont be surprised to hear them. As visit was in March plenty of lambs on view.
Both upstairs bedrooms have spacious bathrooms which have showers. If you want a bath then use downstairs bathroom. Water pressure was not great but not the worst.
Parking is ok outside so long as everyone parks sensibly. For me it was good as it meant I could park right by the front door and my disabled mother in law did not have to walk far.
Kitchen was well supplied with lots of mugs, glasses, plates, pots, serving dishes etc. Decent size fridge freezer. If blinds are open then yes passers by can see into the kitchen. The passers by are normally the farm workers in their vehicles. They are not going by past every 5 minutes so was t an issue. My biggest bug bear of the entire week has to be the smoke alarm! Would go off every time you used the toaster. When I cooked with the hob or oven no issues just that toaster. We even moved the toaster!
Living room was an ok size with seating for 6. The internet was of a decent speed. Husband liked the tv as it was modern and large.
The garden is quite spacious with a lawn. In a couple of years garden will look prettier once the trees have grown. Patio space is ok but be careful as a few of the slabs are not secured.
Hot tub was nice and large. It had a feature I’ve never seen before with a metal bar that makes taking the cover off and on so much easier.
Due to the weather being very windy we only got to use the wood burner a couple of times :-(. Also due to the weather discovered quite a few drafts but the radiators in each of the rooms helped.
I have already recommended this place to a friend.
Definitely on my list to check out on future stays when visiting family.
The weathe was bitterly cold but sunny interspersed with hailstones but thanks to the warmth and comfort of the barn we had a great week.
Every comfort was there, good settees, good tv, super beds, good cooker, excellent bathroom facilitiesa and a helpful farmer`s wife who had information if you wanted to take it.
Yes, the kitchen alarm went off once but we had burnt toast! and when the farm was busy we just half-closed the long blinds in the kitchen to make it more private and to stop our dogs having a bark, but the room was still bright and pleasant.
Parking was outside the door in the farmyard and at first when you drive in it looks a little off putting because everyone else is parking outside their cottages too. Maybe in the busy summer period this could be a problem but we found it ok.
the enclosed garden was excellent , safe for dogs and children and pleasant to have a coffee outside. The hot-tub wasn`t our cup of tea so we just ignored it.
We hope to return later this year.
- Fire alarm goes off all the time!, can't understand why it's fitted in kitchen!!!!!
- Not much privacy, people peering over fence & in windows.
- Old man kept coming into back garden to check on a hot tub which we had no idea was being put in our garden during our stay!, so on one of the days had fitters wandering past our windows, in our garden & in house!, new hot tub took half our seating area up......wasn't informed it was being put in prior to our holiday!
- Kettle didn't work but was replaced.
- Front door very temperamental.
- Bedside draw full of old sweets & sweet wrappers from previous holiday makers!
- Not that peaceful or private.
- Parking a bit higgildy pilgaldy.
- Owners not very helpful or respectful.
- Nicely set out house.
- Great en-suites in each room.
- comfy beds.
- Great views from garden.
- Pretty woodland walk close by.
- Great accommodation for dogs.
- Great place for visiting local areas.
- Value for money.
- Clean apart from bedside draw!
- Lovely log burner.
- Holiday agents customer services very supportive.