“utterly peaceful”

Tregolls Farm Holidays
Ranked #5 of 43 Bodmin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Marilyn, thank you for making us so welcome! We very much enjoyed our stay at Tregolls Farm, and lovely to meet your new arrivals ... all three were so full of bounce :-)

Our room was very comfortable and your breakfasts delicious.

A memorable stay in such peaceful surroundings with mesmeric views over the fields, bliss. in early evening, you could hear birdsong, pygmy goats and ...... peace!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Tregolls Farm Holidays

Reviewed 15 June 2014

A fantastic, refreshing pot of tea hit the right spot on our arrival, it was served whilst we sat at a table on the decking overlooking a beautiful, tranquil valley....This was perfect and hugely welcome by us all after our first leg of the 'Saints Way' when we proberbly couldn't have taken another step....Four friends as two couples who live near Truro came on an adventure to hike across Cornwall, we stayed at Tregolls farm B & B which was the perfect place to spend a very welcome night's rest. Marilyn was a wonderful, efficient and friendly hostess. She served us a tasty home cooked meal in the evening and a fabulous traditional breakfast to set us up and on our way next morning...the bacon was delicious. The rooms were very clean, comfortable with magnificent views. The showers hot and the towels soft. Many thanks, we would certainly recommend this as a perfect stop for hiking the Way but also as a base for exploring this part of beautiful Cornwall .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I spent a very welcome night's rest here while walking the Saint's Way. The house and grounds are in a stunning location and you feel as if you are miles away from anyway (perhaps because I arrived and departed via the fields). Marilyn was out when I arrived but left me a note to explain and invited me make myself at home, so I made myself a cup of tea and sat on the terrace enjoying a rest in the sun. I had booked an evening meal which was very good, with a choice of desserts and a cheese board! Marilyn very helpfully lent me some interesting books on the Saints Way, one written by a man who had stayed there while researching it. I was also priviledged to see the live feed from the birds' nest webcam! Their own private Spring Watch!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Where to start....location is perfect...just like the postcards from a lovely holiday. Grounds clearly looked after and yet still operating as a working farm with a petting corner for the kids and a bouncy trampoline. Tranquil for those seeking peace and family friendly for those with children. Arrived after a long working day and 2 hour drive to warm welcome and offer of a cup of tea. Room spotless and in keeping with a comfy homely B & B. Best bed I have slept in away from home and decent sleep which is rare for me. Mini fridge, lovely powerful shower with lots of toiletries to use.As remote I brought a picnic tea to eat in my room but was given a tray and cutlery and sat in a home from home lounge and relaxed in front of TV. Marilyn was there to help but not in your face.Just right.After a good sleep was spoilt with a great breakfast of fresh fruit, juice and quality breakfast with tea and toast. Even wrote me directions to my course I was on during day. Felt more like a mini break than work. Shame I was on my own...Due to work I have stayed in many places and don't hand out 5* often but would make this B&B 6 if I could and would love to stay anytime if ever back this way . This place clearly cares about its customers and does not see them as cash cows.... Their cows are in the field and if the way they care for us is anything to go by I bet they are the luckiest in the Southwest!

Room Tip: Bit off beaten track so sat nav or print directions before you leave.... We'll worth finding as...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Very warm friendly welcome,stunning scenery,very clean comfortable rooms,excellent breakfasts.
Marilyn was a great host nothing was too much trouble .

See you again soon i hope.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is a delightful place. The peace and quiet of the Cornish countryside makes it a relaxing place to stay. The bed and breakfast accommodation is excellent. The rooms are clean and the facilities exceed expectations. The views from the rooms are idyllic. Nothing was too much trouble for the hosts and we were able to come and go as we pleased. As for the breakfast... plenty of it and very tasty! Tregolls Farm is a working farm which makes the experience even more rewarding. The central location is ideal for anyone wanting to make day excursions across Cornwall and it's hard to believe that the A30 is just a few miles away. After a tiring day travelling around the county it was a comforting feeling to return here each day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Tregolls B n B.

Fantastic location in a rural valley between Wadebridgeband Bodmin. Beautiful views of the fabulous countryside from our room.

Breakfast was terrific and Marilyn was a great host going above and beyond in looking after us.

Thoroughly recommend this B n B.

We will be back next year!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple