“Hardys”

Lakeview Country Club
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hardy's bar and restaurant was absolutely amazing,best thing to happen to Lakeview in a long time! My mother is elderly and so I take her out for days out and she often wanted to go for a drink and a chat at Hardy's. I cannot fault the food,or service,and the owners were a complete delight to everyone. Also,the changes they put in place such as the decking are brilliant and a massive improvement (especially in this lovely weather we have had). I have never heard a bad comment about them,and have recently been telling everybody to go there,which is why i'm extremely disappointed to hear they are not open anymore due to ' unforeseen circumstances' which I read on the Lakeview Facebook page. I'm not sure of the exact reason behind this,but i'm extremely disappointed and will be following them wherever they hopefully end up.
Good luck finding a replacement to fill their place,high standards to match! I wish you all the best!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank emily a
LakeviewCC, Manager at Lakeview Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review

Leasing our restaurant facility was a new venture for us and the Hardy's certainly worked very hard to try and establish their business. With any new venture, these set ups are always on a trial basis and whilst we did not offer a longer term lease, we absolutely wish the Hardy's the best of luck in their future endeavours.

We have now brought the restaurant facility back under our control and have appointed a new Head Chef, Ben Harmer, who trained under some well know and prestigious chef's and restauranteurs and we are delighted that Ben and his team are in place and offering their fantastic food and service which saw them win "South West Restaurant of the Year" at their previous restaurant.

We would absolutely love to see you and your Mother back at Lakeview where you can enjoy a range of locally sourced produce in our restaurant or on our Lakeside terrace which offers a lovely backdrop at this time of year

Best Wishes

Management,
Lakeview Country Club

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We held our wedding at lakeview this June, it was an amazing day thanks to all the staff that help in making the day, even with last minute changes and add on's they still did their upmost to cater for us all! We also stayed the night in one of the A Frame lodges and so did some of our other guests there were no complaints and everyone has said how good the whole experience was.

We both want to say a thank you again to Hannah and Kate who were always on hand to help and made our day, just wish we could relive the whole thing!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kola D
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights while visiting family who are staying here for two weeks. The lodges are very clean and tidy. They have just been refurbed with new carpet, sofa's and beds, all looks new and finished off well.

The site is clean tidy and very peaceful. A good base fro a holidays in cornwall.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank keefnjojo
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just returned home from a weeks stay at Lakeview. We stayed in a VIP Bungalow, which was very spacious, fully equipped and the hot tub was lovely and relaxing. My only criticism was that the sofa's were a bit tired and need replacing, but I know it is under new management and the refurbishments are in progress and will only get better. However the rest of the accommodation was faultless and was very comfortable. The reception staff were friendly, welcoming and informative. The restaurant was really nice and the food was lovely. The owners were really nice people and very accommodating. The new manager was very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble, and any issues were dealt with promptly. The grounds were amazing, with well kept lawns and amenities. I would definitely recommend staying at Lakeview, and we will certainly visit next year. The location is very central and there is a good selection of big supermarkets close by.

Room Tip: The VIP bungalows were very spacious and sleeps 6 comfortably. We were in lodge 48 and the location...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank carol_fletcher83
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife 2 young daughters & I needed a base for a few days when going to the Cornwall show. We booked to stay here with an open mind as it was well priced but did state that there was a refit in progress. I can honestly say it was brilliant! The lodge we stayed in was spotless, very well equiped and a treat to come home & unwind in. The site itself is quite, safe and clean with plenty of room between lodges for the kids to run around. Yes there are areas in need of a freshen up, but that's being done discretly and without any impact on your stay. All the staff were very welcoming and extremely helpfull. We didn't use the pool although a little small looked lovely, I did manage to fit in a couple of rounds of golf, the course is basic but enjoyable and very cheap. The lakes looked great, I only wish I'd taken my fishing gear. All in all a excellent place to stay, needs work in some areas which is being done and we will be looking forward to returning later this summer.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 13 June 2014

These A frame lodges are extremely spacious and comfortable...we had a good deal

for last minute and were a little appehensive but we can see the site is being improved

It was very quiet and relaxing and plenty of space between the lodges .

Perhaps a bit more attention to detail could be applied ..eg where was the shower curtain?ended spraying water everywhere downstairs
couldn,t understand how to work the upstairs shower.

Bits of the fridge were broken..etc., some kitchen items missing - no inventory

the lodges are huge though with 2 big bathrooms and a huge front bedroom need better

quality mattresses though

Some garden furniture would be nice on the balcony and outside - tables and chairs

rather than the pub style table and stools - diffiicult to sit on as you get older need something
to be be able to relax and sun yourself

Nice to have a dishwasher though .

The pool is very pleas ant although a little small ..as to cleaning all round the side is grime

needs a good clean.....also where are the entry showers everyone getting in dirty

The changing rooms are antiquated and dated ..like old school changing rooms, and a long
way from the pool

the floor is always wet and needs some lockers and shower gel to make it country club standard.

I think if Lakeview is going to call itself a country club it has along way to go

as ones expectations are high and something special desired.

However we realise there is a change of owner and things can only get better I am sure

The lake was divine to walk around .

The location is also very good as it is central to both north and south devon

So on balance we will return as the accommodation is so spacious and comfortable

and well spaced apart

Room Tip: Ask for a sunny facing lodge away from the main reception
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank oldharryDorset
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my friends went to the spa for a mini spa day for my hen do. The staff made us feel very welcome in the spa and we had a relaxing time. We will definately be back! The only let down was the welcome we got in the bar when we went for a tea and cake.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends