“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Milobel House B&B

Milobel House B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bodmin
Milobel House B&B
Ranked #33 of 42 Bodmin B&B and Inns
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Booked with late rooms, looked at reviews and thought it would be ideal for the purpose. Sent message, that as down for a funeral, unsure what time I would be there to check in but left my mobile number. I arrived at 1845 and knocked and knocked, waited for half an hour - no reply, left a note and made other arrangements .Directory enquiries did not have a listing for Milobel House, so called Late rooms. Eventually had phone call from gentleman to say they had just got in and found my note.After a long and emotionally tiring day, felt very disappointed that I wasn't able to get in and had the hassle of finding alternative arrangements. Hope others have more luck.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Chriselle757

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Frome, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

thecassmaster -
I have stayed here on a number of occasions and never been let down. I am six foot four and do have the occasional close encounter with a beam from the 16 century. it just serves to remind you how lucky we are !!
Derek and Chris are great, and will do anything for you, they are real people in a plastic world !!

Room Tip: Go for the double
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank thecassmaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

We stayed for one night as a last minute get away. The b and b was in a good location right on the main street, there is on road parking which we got a space right outside. the b and b is a quiant little cottage, which was excepitionally clean. The room was clean and warm, with all that we needed. Breakfast was good, a little mix up with the cuppa, but everthing else was great. For what we paid £60 for both of us, we were over the moon. Fantastic value, and warm welcome.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank rachelcassidy88
West Country
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

Immaculately clean, friendly, obliging. This B&B was a real find. The prices are reasonable, the accommodation clean and the owners can't do enough for guests. I felt like a close friend by the time I left (3 nights). Despite the fact I had to leave by 07.00 each morning they insisted on getting up to prepare me a breakfast.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank WestCountryDormouse
Falmouth. Cornwall
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2010

I stayed here in March 2010 for a single night, in order to attend a business meeting in Padstow the next day.

I booked through Laterooms.com and paid £30. I was getting a train into Bodmin which got in at 9.30pm-ish, so I put on the site that I'd be arriving at 10pm.

This worried me a little, as for some B&Bs this might be a little late and I didn't want to get there and fid it all locked up. So, I was pleased when the owner opened the door almost immediately after I knocked, especially as it was cold! Good start.

She showed me to my room, explained where things were and asked me if I'd like a cup of tea. She even offered to make me a sandwich, as I'd had a long journey and was asking about places to grab a bit to eat before I went to bed.

She asked about breakfast and when I said 9am didn't have a problem with that at all .. there was one other guest having breakfast at 7.30 .. so it would have been easy to say "do you mind having it a little earlier" but there was no hint of this.

The Milobel House is a very small, old Cornish cottage. That's part of it's charm .. and it's been done up very nicely in my opinion.

The ceilings WERE very low .. so if you're over 6ft as I am there's a bit of ducking when going down the stairs. But they do have signs up and to be honest .. it's part of the charm of the place.

The rooms were on the small side and the beds weren't huge either, but that wasn't a problem. I had a small TV with Freeview, a spotlessly clean room, fresh milk for any tea I might have, biscuits etc.

The bed was metal and a little on the creaky side, which wasn't ideal as I'm a fairly big chap ... but I slept well and it was comfortable.

The bathroom (just down the hall) was small .. but very nicely done up.

If you need somewhere the size of a Texan ranch .. don't stay here. Size is at a premium in a small cottage like this so yes, the rooms are small. But other than that I was really happy with my stay.

The breakfast was delicious .. especially the sausages. The only thing I'd have changed was that I wouldn't have minded a few extra bits of toast .. and the butter was straight out the fridge so a little hard. But if that's the worst I can say about it then it's fine with me! Oh, and perhaps a little more orange juice or a top up.

The room the breakfast was served in was lovely. Nicely done up but very quaint with an open fire. Again, very small.

The location is right in the middle of Bodmin in a beautiful old Cornish street.

The owners were very welcoming and went out of their way to be helpful to me, even ironing my shirt in the morning, after I'd asked to borrow an iron!

Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Milton Keynes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2009

Hidden gem, not much from the outside but inside a well renovated building. The rooms are cosy and the bathroom is modern with a great shower.

The couple that run it are really sweet and are really helpful.

It's super value for money. Give them a go.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Hunt-for-perfection
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2009

Looking for somewhere to stay for 3 nights in Bodmin I chose this B+B. I was very pleased with my stay. The room was spotlessly clean as was the bathroom. There was plenty of breakfast which was well cooked. There was everything you could want in the room. Parking outside the door. Pub up the road. Fail to see what some other reviewers are complaining about. Stayed 3 nights and got change from £100 !! What more do you want???
Oh yes - its a Grade 2 listed building - the stairs are narrow - but only about 6 of them - and the ceiling by the bathroom is low - remember to duck !!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo