“great location for perfect relaxation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bodmin
Fox Park Farm Cottages
Ranked #20 of 22 Speciality Lodging in Bodmin
Hastings
“great location for perfect relaxation”
Reviewed 13 April 2009

We chose this for the location, it was the ideal place to visit the attractions we had planned. There are loads of places nearby, Lanhydrock, Eden project, Heligan etc. The owner, Steve, was friendly and attentive with good advice based on his local knowledge. We all enjoyed relaxing in the hot tub at the end of the day and had a great time

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank EmperorHastings

Solo
Business
dorset
Reviewed 16 March 2009

My husband, 5 month old son and I have just returned from a lovely holiday in the hayloft. The owner was extremely friendly and helpful, dealing with a couple of issues that arose very promptly, and suggesting places for us to visit. The property whilst quite small was fine for the three of us (plus dog). However I would not like to try to fit the maximum of six in, as that really would be a bit tight.

The hot tub is a real highlight of the property, and we used it most days, either with the baby during the day, or with a glass of wine at night! Lovely and warm and superb for a bit of star gazing at night.

The kitchen was well appointed, and there was a tv, set top box and DVD player. The bedrooms were quite small, but then you don't go on holiday to spend all your time in bed (unless perhaps you are on honeymoon!). The heating worked very well and kept the cottage nice and warm.

All in all, it is a cosy little cottage with a superb hot tub. It makes a great base for taking trips to both the north and south coasts

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank chilloutDorset
Cranleigh, Surrey
Reviewed 3 January 2009

Well I almost can't believe the previous reviewers stayed in the same cottage as us - it just shows how expectations can differ so much from person to person. That's not to say we're easily pleased - quite the opposite.
We booked The Hayloft as a quiet escape over the Christmas week and stayed for 5 nights in all.
We were welcomed by the family, we were then left to ourselves for the duration of our stay. This was perfect for us, if at any time we had needed anything it was a 30 second walk to the main house.
The cottage was warm, cosy and very well equipped, there were
plenty of utensils, plates, cutlery, glasses and indeed everything you might need in the kitchen. All of the equipment worked perfectly, although as mentioned in the previous review the oil
burning boiler does produce a slight odour. This is quite a
sweet smell and not unpleasant. The living area has a great Tv, Dvd and freeview box.
Outside on the decking is the fantastic 6 person hot tub ready for use around the clock ,at a steady 37degrees C it was perfect for relaxing in on a cold winter evening with complete silence and a ceiling of stars above you. It also has its own CD player. The view from the hot tub is of open countryside and whilst there was some equipment stored in the field I didnt find this distracting. The owner has done a fantastic job of converting this old outbuilding into a cosy welcoming retreat which while not spacious, offered more than enough room for the two of us. There is a second bedroom with bunks if required and the sofa in the living area converts to a double bed. The Hayloft has its own private driveway and was a great choice for us to escape for a week. We will definitely return.

• Liked — Location, peace & quiet, and the hot tub! The owners even did all the Xmas decorations and provided a tree, all without us asking.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank MrPloppy
Bristol
Reviewed 9 November 2008

We booked a week at Fox Park Farm Cottages for a relaxed break. The website sounded superb so we booked the more expensive Hayloft. On arrival we were greeted by dead hanging baskets and a very full dustbin outside.

We then went looking for someone to help us check in, we were told the Hayloft was unlocked and to help ourselves. We were promised that the owner would come and see us later on. He did show up but we were in the hot tub, he said he would be back, he didn't appear.

The inside of the Hayloft appeared clean but look a little closer and it was very apparent that it had not had a good clean in ages, there were no towels as advertised and the cobwebs were massive. The kitchen was nothing special either, not even a spatula to cook an egg and the oven didn't work so no crisp hot pasties for dinner here.

The only slightly good thing was the impressive hot tub, it was really nice. But instead of the advertised country views we had a great view of a rusting old 4 x 4 and some surf equipment laying dumped in the hedge.

We left after 3 nights, we had had enough and just wanted to go home.

Oh, and the oil burning boiler was very very smelly.

So do not be fooled by the glossy website, you will not find anything particularly special here.

Very sad as with a little TLC this could be very special indeed, sadly it wasn't when we visited.

• Liked — Private hot tub
  • Disliked — Interior of Hayloft
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank bikemad83
eurostarev97, owner at Fox Park Farm Cottages, responded to this review, 2 January 2009
Well it just goes to prove you cannot please everybody!! We are full all year with many regular guests including barristers doctors etc.We have never had a bad review what does that tell you.? Yes there were a few cobwebs on the log ceiling they are invisible until the lights go on after dark.We clean during the day!! yes there is a jeep 200yards away under trees with an acre of garden whats the problem with storing sailing toys and my jeep?.Guests have often enjoyed the use of my sailing dingy /windsurfers/canoes and jet ski and drank my beer on the beach.The oven was not broken - they had brought their own towels which were scattered all round the hot tub and as the guests were two men I left them in peace and respected their privacy??They made no contact in the 4 days and left without speaking to me. I often take guests and their children in my plane at no cost -just to be nice and yes it makes me feel good too!! We are a small sucessful business and my main job is as a health inspector inspecting ships and cruise liners.I think I am qualified to be a good judge of cleanliness.It is a shame that some people are just vindictive.If they had spoken to me I could have removed the cobwebs 2 minutes work -driven the jeep elsewhere-given them towels and then as they stated it would have been a very special place which it is and they would not have left on the wednesday and hopefully left a really good review.Oh and I had replaced the bin after I had been flying about two hours after they had arrived.I am sorry the hanging baskets did not have flowers but it was december!! The baskets are there to stop people banging their heads on the corners of the roof.Its a shame they left early but would you have given them a refund based on problems easily resolved in what 10 minutes effort???