“Home from home!”

and 1 more site!
Roscrea Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 43 Bodmin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I stayed for 17 nights while completing my Mothers affairs after her death two months or so earlier. So in itself, not an enjoyable trip. However, Sarah and the guesthouse were lovely. The rooms were clean and comfy with everything you need, along with lovely linen and towels. Sarah did everything she could to help me in all the problems I faced and to help me relax.
Food, breakfast and evening meals were wonderful. Homemade everything and if not homemade, a local butchers speciality. I would recommend the Roscrea to anyone who wants to visit the area.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room with en-suite if it is important to you and also, if you are a light sleep...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
SibHorne, Owner at Roscrea Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2013

Many thanks for your review. It was a difficult time for you and I'm pleased your stay with me was comfortable .....
very best wishes, Sarah

There are newer reviews for Roscrea Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 1 June 2013

My friend and I arrived one rainy afternoon. Sarah the landlady arranged to have a taxi pick us up at the railway station, which was so very nice of her. She greeted us warmly with some delicious carrot cake and showed us around the place after showing us our room. It's a lovely old building, very close to the centre of Bodmin. Sarah also recommended a pub where we could have dinner that evening, where the food was excellent. Breakfast the next morning was wonderful, just the thing before a day spent climbing the ruins of Tintagel Castle.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
SibHorne, Owner at Roscrea Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

So pleased you enjoyed your stay.... I hope to see you both again.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Stayed for a week at Roscrea B&B in Bodmin, Cornwall, England. This was one of the best stays during our three weeks in England. Although it is on a main street, it is very quiet at night. The rooms are lovely, beautifully decorated. A touch of British Heritage throughout the house. Breakfast was excellent. Sarah is so friendly and makes you feel comfortable as soon as you arrive. So knowledgeable about the area. If you are planning to spend anytime in the Bodmin area, I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
SibHorne, Owner at Roscrea Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

A real pleasure to have you stay at Roscrea.... I am thrilled you enjoyed your time with me and exploring Cornwall. so sorry you had such extreme weather...but at least you didn't get snowed in.... hope to welcome you again sometime.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Unfortunately I had to attend a funeral so was not really worried where I stayed however Sarah who runs Roscrea was friendly from the outset and helped make a rotten weekend very comfortable
I loved the attention for detail at the breakfast table and the whole house had a fascinating history with photos from long ago that were still able to show what the old school house was like at the turn of the century
My room was very comfortable and had a family feel about it I overlooked the small back garden
The breakfast was excellent and Sarah did not mind guests bringing in a take away
All together a very relaxing weekend I told Sarah that I would write to trip advisor so Sarah I have kept my promise a little belatedly Thanks

Room Tip: The back room upstairs nice and quiet
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

Fast becoming my 2nd home. Found this place back in November and every other week I'm there for 2-3 nights. Where else would you get fresh home made cake in your room after a day at work?.... and the breakfast is excellent. Lovely rooms and good value right in the middle of Bodmin!

• Stayed: February 2013

Many thanks for your glowing review.... you are always very welcome here at Roscrea! Hope you find some time to see a little of our beautiful Cornwall while you are here.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

VERY CLEAN.
FRIEDLY AND 5 STAR SERVICE.
EXCELLENT FULL BREAKFAST!
IMMACULATE CLEANING OF ROOMS. AND
THE MOST WHITE SHEETS I HAVE EVER SEEN
I use it each time i visit Bodmin almost every month for a week. it is far better that the local hotel.
The landlord is very helpful and makes you feel like home..
It is highly recommended!!

Room Tip: the rear room is a double quiet room. If available ask for it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2012

When I visit my family in Bodmin, I always stay in the 'Roscrea' B/B. If you have a car, very central to visit others places in Cornwall, for eg. Tintagel Castle, Eden Project, Gardens of Halygon, Port Isaac or walk to Bodmin Jail or Bodmin Court House. Breakfast and evening meals to die for, nothing is too much trouble for Sarah. This converted School house a pleasure to stay in.

Room Tip: All rooms comfortable and a good nights sleep awaits you.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family