“Great food, excellent service”
Review of Golden Temple

Golden Temple
Ranked #26 of 72 Restaurants in Bodmin
Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Top of High srstreet
Reviewed 31 August 2011

From it's exterior, you would not know what a treat awaits you once you pass the front door. Excellent value, attentive service and pleasant environment, couldn't ask for more. Highly recommended!

5  Thank Terrapin1959

Reviewed 22 July 2011

I have just been to one of the supposedly top curry restaurants in britain (the journeyman in st issey) but I still think that the food is better at the golden temple! I tried journeymans chilli paneer and it wasn't a patch on GT's. The food has far more depth of flavour here and is a fraction of the price. You must go!!!

5  Thank emmabemma19
Reviewed 21 June 2011

My husband and I are real curry fans and we visited the Golden Temple in Bodmin twice, for takeaways, during our week's holiday and we were not disappointed ! At home, we live near London Heathrow Airport, so we have plenty of curry houses to choose from but we have to say the Golden Temple does THE best chicken dhansak we have ever tasted anywhere - lots of meat and fabulous spices in there - and their poppadums are a crunchy delight. The restaurant has a great family atmosphere, traditional asian food at extremely reasonable prices and the whole show is run by really nice, friendly staff and management - we can't wait to go there again when we return to Bodmin for a week's stay in October this year. In fact it's our first destination for dinner !
Do give the Golden Temple a try, we were very impressed.
Chris and Christina McCarthy
London.

6  Thank christina97
Reviewed 6 May 2011

I go to this restaurant at least once a week. As a regular customer on numerous occasions whilst i was waiting the staff/owners gave me and my partner a complimentary drink, and they also gave me a bottle to take for free!
Its a really friendly atmosphere and the food is really tasty too with fresh vegetable inside and the only place i've come across that does paneer!
I have previously eaten in all the other indian restaurants in bodmin and this far outshines the others!
The other good thing is they let you bring your own drinks or you can purchase them from their full bar at a reasonable price.

6  Thank emmabemma19
Reviewed 25 April 2011

The guy in newsagent recommended this place and it was OK (but have had better but then again I am from Birmingham !!). The decor in the restaurant isn't the greatest but comfortable and clean.
Had poppadams and dips for starters - we had a laugh at the enormous size of the basket in which they came to the table in - see the photo !! We ordered Chicken Tikka Bhuna and a Chicken Tikka Dopiaza, sharing pilau rice and garlic naan. I had the bhuna which didn't really seem like a bhuna to me as there were no signs of tomatoes and it had peppers in it but nevertheless it tasted nice. Hubby enjoyed his curry though. Rice was nothing special and naan had a strange texture and was thicker and more doughy than I'm used to. I had a sparkling water and husband had a large bottle of Cobra which was brought to the table in an ice bucket which was a nice touch.
Cost not too bad at around £30 with everything and they gave me a mini magnum FOC too which was again a nice touch.

2  Thank Mantelis