“Nice start to holiday!”

Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Top of High srstreet
Reviewed 29 September 2013

July 2013 on our annual church camp visit to cornwall - checked out Indian restaurants in Bodmin on trip advisor, and thought we would give it a go!! My husband and I where not disappointed - food was really, really good, my husband had the all you could eat menu, it was a little strange as wasn't dished up as like other buffets we had been too, but it didn't matter, food came out on melamine plates! but as we were camping we thought it funny, but food made up for it, it didn't matter! We had the roses chocolates too! nice touch we thought. Only thing was we wished we had gone back to the car(which was parked outside) to get a bottle of wine that we had left in the boot, as we could have took our own drink!! We will be back - meal excellent!!

5  Thank Patricia161

Reviewed 9 September 2013

If you are anywhere near Bodmin and fancy a curry, do yourself a favour and visit Golden Temple. Service is great and the food....well it's hard to stop eating it..

4  Thank kernowdoc
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Food swimming in oil poor service can't even say cheap and cheerful just cheap and awful. Wouldn't eat there again if they paid me

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Me and my partner ate here back in May, on first arrival the place was busy and the short wait for a table was worth the wait. Neither of us could fault the anything. We will return.

3  Thank Briggdoggy
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I used to work in the business of dealing with restaurant owners, head chefs, cooks, bar people etc and one of the benefits was having the opportunity of "sampling" the food, and at times, the drink.

Personally I would rate Golden Temple amongst the very finest of Indian cuisine in Cornwall. Only St. Austell's Nepalese Gurkha and Truro's Baba beat it.

Barry (sic) is a fine gentleman and will look after his customers at all costs. A friend and I had the pleasure of experiencing a guided tour of the restaurant. We met his chefs, his wife and witnessed the inner workings of the restaurant.

The restaurant itself isn't the biggest but when full it generates a great atmosphere. Barry is at the heart of the entertainment and acts as a fine host, waiter, guide and joker.

Not many restaurants (should I say their owners) have the ability to produce countless dishes of distinctive quality. What I'm meaning is "the bhuna tasted like a bhuna and the dopiaza tasted like a dopiaza".

The drinks were on the house which was a kind touch.

I recommend this restaurant to anybody who loves great food accompanied by a unique atmosphere.

4  Thank Dan1983N