“A hidden gem”

Cornwall's Regimental Museum
Ranked #10 of 34 things to do in Bodmin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Although Cornwall’s Regimental Museum is situated within one of Bodmin’s most imposing historic buildings, the old Army Keep, we are a fun and friendly attraction, suitable for all the family. Situated close to the Bodmin and Wenford Steam railway station, we house the best military collection in the South West. Our displays include uniforms through the ages, paintings and decorative arts, photographs, superb medals, and an outstanding collection of weaponry. Join us for one of our many events, including 'Living History' days, or just come along to browse our collection. While you're here why not have a go at our museum quiz, or give the bugle a go! Admission rates 2017 ADULT Admission: £6, which includes an annual pass Children 5 and under are FREE. Ages 5-18 are £2. Dogs are welcome!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Launceston, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

After having visited military museums up and down the country and a large amount (many disappointing) in Normandy I didn't hold out much hope for this museum as a cure for a rainy day but I was totally wrong. It has an incredible and extensive collection with some surprisingly rare and unique items and despite not being huge was well worth the visit.

Visited March 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A Remarkable Museum!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have recently been down to this museum to interview Hugo White for my final year university honors project based on Cornish Heritage, and it was an absolute pleasure. He was a gentleman and allowed myself and my dad to walk around the extensive collection in the museum. After a very well informed tour from Hugo himself, myself and my dad took time to read and observe the AMAZING weapons, medals, uniforms, etc collections afterwards and for someone who had little or moderate knowledge on the war and regimental history, the museum was extremely interesting I learnt alot just from the short time I was there. I would say that everyone in the family could have a enlightening and educational experience here for as little as £4.00. I genuinely think you couldn't receive a more value for money experience. Lovely museum with an ENORMOUS collection which has been constructed with such thought and care. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Visited March 2014
SOMERSET ENGLAND
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“fab oldie worldie place”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

my father-in-law has altzimers so we visit this place every year sometimes twice a year .as everytime we go its new to him (for us its a ground hog day lol) , But well worth a visit

Visited April 2013
1 Thank LIZZIED63
Bodmin, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“family visit”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

have lived in bodmin over 40 years and so glad I made the effort to go last Thursday with my husband and grand daughter.
We all thoroughly enjoyed.
Value for money at £4 per person.
definitely worth visiting

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“JulieM”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

You need time to visit if you want to read all the facts. It gives a very good insight to the forces stationed in the town and battles they fought in. There are plenty of uniforms on show young children may find it too much to take in from about 7 or 8 upwards will find it interesting.

Visited August 2012