All reviews warm welcome stunning views excellent directions directions provided interesting couple great stories interesting hosts stimulating conversation beautiful house home from home extensive grounds comfortable bedroom warmest of welcomes garden room wonderful hospitality wonderful stay family wedding
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I only managed one night on my recent short tour of Cornwall, and was so pleased they could accommodate me again. I had the Garden room, with a fabulous view of the garden and the Moor beyond. Excellent breakfast, and Louella and Robin are the most delightful hosts

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Cabillamanor, Owner at Cabilla Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Sorry not to see your kind review earlier and apologies I did not respond. We hope you will come and stay again. Come and see our new house which is coming along well.
Best wishes, and happy Christmas.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Had 4 nights at Cabilla Manor from 24th August, what a lovely home & beautiful ròom with a view of Bodmin Moor and the extensive gardens. Louella & Robin were wonderful informative hosts who gave good advice & helped in any way they could. Many Thanks Rosemary & Trevor Dann.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cabillamanor, Owner at Cabilla Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words. DO come and stay again!
Best wishes, Robin and Louella.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Cabilla Manor is a special place owned by special people.
The property is beautful, the house filled with wonderful treasures, breakfast superb and the bed so comfortable. All one could wish for.
We will always remember the wonderful welcome from Louella and Robin - listening to their tales of roads well travelled was a bonus.
We felt we came as strangers and left as friends. Look forward to returning.
Thank you both - best wishes from "the Land of the Long White Coud"

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words. DO come and stay again!
Best wishes, Robin and Louella.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

I am sure my review wont do this spectacular country home with incredible hosts justice. My husband and I booked this room as we were attending a near by wedding. Louella sent me comprehensive directions to her home. We arrived at this incredible manor house in Bodmin Moor. I was completely blown away by the house and grounds. The hosts Louella and Robin then notched up my experience with their welcoming and friendly manner. Our room was incredible with views of the extensive grounds and the moors. Louella booked a table for us at a nearby Golf and Country Club for evening supper. We arrived back at Cabiila Manor where our wonderful hosts offered us a night cap. Robin is an adventurer and author and was full of amazing stories of far travels. The breakfast was absolutely delicious.
I am almost tempted not to leave a review so that only my husband and I get to keep this little oasis a secret from the outside world, but I guess I must share ;-)
If you want a fantastic welcome, with great hosts, a very comfortable bed, delicious breakfast in incredible surroundings then this is the place to visit.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am sorry I did not respond to your lovely review and have only just seen it! Do come and stay again. Our new house is more than half built now which is very exciting.
Happy Christmas, and best wishes,

Reviewed 18 August 2017

We stayed at Cabilla Manor for two nights B&B while attending some friends' wedding at a nearby venue.We were instantly enchanted by the house, the location and the warm reception from our hosts, Louella and Robin. Despite some unseasonably wet and cold weather at the end of June, we enjoyed every minute of our time there. Louella's cooked breakfast set us up for the day and talking to Robin about his lifetime of exploration and adventure was truly stimulating. We had a beautiful, comfortable room with the most delightful furnishing and we slept very soundly indeed.Louella sent us some very detailed directions, avoiding the roadworks - although our Sat Nav took us all the way to the end of the drive with no problems at all.

Room tip: We were offered and took a slightly larger room with a view across the gardens and surrounding valley and we were very pleased.
Date of stay: June 2017