Premier Inn Bodmin Hotel
Tredethy House(Tredethy)
Trehellas House(Washaway)
Royal Oak Inn(Lostwithiel)
  • Pool
All reviewsmeal dealadjoining restaurantroom was cleantable table next doorno liftasda storegood nights sleepfamily rooma ground floor roomwhat it says on the tinpleasant staynight's sleepreception staffshort staywould stay againfollowing morningtown centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Warm welcome from staff, room was clean and a decent size. Tv is a bit old but works fine and does the job so not a big deal. The restaurant was nice, quick service, nice food and staff friendly an informative. Asda right next door so good for a quick shop.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Requires a good up date, only a normal size double bed and a small CRT television which had not been updated to include all available channels. No loo brush in bathroom plus noisy extract fan. Service in restaurant slow and breakfast fry up not to normal standard ,mushrooms watery,bacon a cheap cut,sausages not very tasty and I had a mosquito on my baked beans when they bought it to my table after a 15 minute wait, they did change the plate with in a in a few minutes when I complained.
I have had much more enjoyable and cheaper stays at other premier Inns

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Nessy1276
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Bodmin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Came here after spending two nights at Truro.Noticed straight away that this PI was the poor relation.Our room had had a part up grade at some time but looked dated with big television and old fashion light shades.
The room had thick dust on the curtains and under the bed and the white walls were different colours due to marks being touched up.
The worse bit was the bathroom tiles which had mould on them in places.
Its a shame really as ten more minutes with the hoover and scourer could have made a whole lot of difference.
On the good side the staff were really friendly and the breakfast was excellant and good value.

Room Tip: Sleep on back as we did as lorries use the aproach road to park up at night
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan T
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I booked this hotel in Bodmin mainly as a base for travelling around Cornwall while I was on my 6 day holiday.
After reading a few bad reviews on here I was a little worried about staying here but I can tell you I didn't need to worry.
I was in room 42 for 6 nights, this room is one room away from the Asda building end and I am the lightest sleeper in the world. I never got woken up by any alarm's or lorries. In fact in my room I never heard a single car the whole time I was in my room.
The room was totally what i expected as from the pictures i had seen, yes the telly was a little old fashioned (big box instead of flat screen) but it worked and did the job fine, I never had any problems with it, I also bought a weeks worth of internet for £10 which I was able to use on my laptop and my i pad at the same time with no problems.
I liked the shower head as it was a head you could turn to make the pressure of the water coming out softer or light and as i like the water powerful I really liked this.
I did eat in the table table restaurant most days, although i was there bank hol weekend and I think it can get busy with locals they always managed to seat me and my partner even though alot of tables were reserved. I liked the food and I am a fussy eater to and the price was a typical price I would pay anywhere. I didn't have breakfast only because we liked to be up and out early to get to places we wanted to visit.
I would definitely stay here again if I went to Cornwall again as it it close to the motorway links to travel, I went as far as Penzance and Paignton in the opposite direction.
On my travells around Cornwall we kept our eyes out for hotel's like this premier inn, travel lodges etc and I can honestly say this is the one I would have chosen out of all the one's I saw.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amiee f
Reviewed 20 August 2013

having booked 2 rooms for 4 nights 15 to 19 August 2013 we were very pleased with our service from premier inn staff but alas the same could not have been said for our experience of the adjoining Callywith restaurant, we were treated very badly by a member of staff because we hadn't booked our breakfast as we had not been told we needed to and had never done before while staying at Premier Inns, we booked for next morning and were told again by another rude person we didn't have a booking , it was then proved we did have, my daughter arrived later and was shouted at by the manageress (where do you think you are going,have you booked? when she explained she had and was with our table party she was told you can't just walk in) The woman did apoligise later but wasn't friendly after, so we would not stay there again because of the restaurant nor would the other members of our party which were quite a number so they had a lot of revenue from us over the 4 days

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris S
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Bodmin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of customer service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.