Stayed in a 2 bed chalet - immaculately clean, well equipped, and included a bath - much needed after the long ride! It also came equipped with some thoughtful extras - a washing line and pegs, and a plastic tablecloth to put over the picnic bench outside, for alfresco dining. Plenty of heaters indoors for chilly mornings. You can cycle directly from the site on to the camel trail - about a 1 mile easy ride so the location could not be better. Goods pubs around for food -nearest about 10mins away. We ate once at the Maltsters in Chapel Amble - a bit further out but a really good meal.
The kids loved the playground and the paths to explore through the wood. I loved the complete tranquillity. This is a small site, and so is never noisy. There are no traffic sounds - just birdsong. It's truly relaxing. Prices for the accommodation in high season is very reasonable, compared to other sites within a 10 mile radius, and lots cheaper than sites on the coast. Lovely owners, and a really good information folder in the accommodation, with all you need to know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a beautiful wooded valley near Bodmin Moor, this is a holiday site that offers a selection of accommodation types, camping, camping pods, 8 timber cabins, 4 cedar bungalows and 6 static caravans. Ideal for families (a well equipped play area away from the lodges and tents), groups of friends and couples who wish to stay where there is no bar, no disco, no bingo. A quiet, peaceful get back to nature site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, PitchUp and Agoda so you can book your Ruthern Valley Holidays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ruthern Valley Holidays Hotel Bodmin
- Ruthern Valley Holidays Bodmin, Cornwall