“A Really Enjoyable Stay at Bedknobs !”

Bedknobs Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 43 Bodmin B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We had a fantastic week in Conwall using Bedknobs as our base. We left the car at home and travelled around by train, bus and on foot along the Camel Trail. Gill and Kim made us so welcome even collecting and returning us to Bodmin Parkway Station. Our room, Beeches, was lovely with a really comfortable bed and super bathroom. Everything was spotlessly clean. Breakfast, served by Basil (Kim) and prepared by Gill was delicious. I can recommend the porridge ! I liked the idea of everyone sitting at the large table for breakfast. It got us all talking and sharing experiences of places we'd visited . Kim and Gill were a fount of local knowledge and made suggestions about places to eat locally and places to visit.The house itself was a really interesting place, beautifully furnished, and Kim enjoyed telling us all about it and taking us on a tour of the gardens to discover the old Victorian hot house and kitchen garden.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We had yet another wonderful weekend at Bedknobs Bed & Breakfast. Gill and Kim gave us a warm welcome and we hope to return again before too long.
Our room was lovely - spacious, comfortable, very clean and tidy. The food is great and Gill makes delicious scrambled eggs. We thoroughly enjoyed their "Champagne" breakfast which uses the local Camel Valley Vineyard's wine.
Bedknobs is an excellent base for getting out on the Camel Trail for either cycling or walking. It is also just a 5 minute stroll to the town centre.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2013

There's nowhere better to stay for a wet and windy week in Bodmin than Bedknobs. My room was spacious, but cosy, and very warm -- and dry. And Gill and Kim were extremely welcoming and hospitable. Which is more than can be said for the weather in this part of Cornwall when I stayed this "Spring". That said, my hosts were hugely helpful at helping me make the most of my stay, recommending things to do and places to go in my spare time. I had gone equipped with maps and walking boots for my time between business commitments -- Gill and Kim advised me on my planned route, and where the wind would sweep me off my feet, and I admitted defeat and took up their suggestions instead, which worked out excellently. As hosts, their attention to detail is excellent, even to the point of realising that you have overslept, and producing a sumotuous breakfast in double-quick time, and facilitating a swift departure to the railway station, so that you can board an impossible train. I'll be back next Spring -- with a better alarm clock, and the hope of some sunshine.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2013

we had ten fantastic days at Bedknobs. The hospitality was excellent and Gill and Kim made sure we new the best places to visit during our stay. The breakfast was to die for and the bedrooms were comfortable and luxurious. Thoroughly recommended , and the fabulous gardens. I could just go on and on. Loved every minute.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I booked this on line after reading other reviews on Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. Gill and Kim made me very welcome. I could have had a meal when I arrived or sandwiches but chose The Westbury Hotel a short walk away on their recommendation. My room Yew was very comfortable and warm with excellent facilities. Wonderful choice for breakfast with my favourite kippers and lovely granary bread and no problem for a slightly earlier start as I had to be at work for 830am. I met one of the cats and had a lovely view of the "secret garden". I would not hesitate to recommend Bedknobs everything about it is beautiful. If you are a Sodoku fanatic speak to Kim. Lovely touches in room such as fresh milk well stocked mini fridge, Cornish biscuits and decent coffee!

Room Tip: I was in Yew which faces the garden although I don't think the road outside is particularly bus...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We spent 7 nights at Bedknobs in May. We stayed in Yew. Quite nice. Gill and Kim are excellent hosts. Kim helped us with our travel plans. He even mapped out a route for exploring the Bodmin Moors. Worked out quite. We used Bedknobs as a base for exploring Cornwall. The location works well for that purpose.

Food was excellent! I tried it all. Full English, Kippers, Porridge. All great stuff!

The house was interesting indeed. Victorian I believe. Used to be an estate house with many gardens around it. The estate employed five gardeners at one time! I highly recommend you take a garden tour with Kim.

The room was good sized with all the conveniences. However, the private bath is separate, across the hall. And it is not shared. No problem tho. The bath is huge!

I would recommend Bedknobs for stays in the Bodmin area. Worth it!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I just spent two weeks at Bedknobs, with part of that time being with my sister and her husband. The rooms are lovely and extremely clean and well cared for. The breakfasts are delicious and made to order. I especially enjoyed the homemade marmalade every morning on my toast. The hosts Gill and Kim are very friendly, knowledgeable about Cornwall and Bodmin, and were able to answer any question or request. The location is very good as I was able to walk into the center of Bodmin to shop in just a few minutes. Because Bodmin is centrally located in Cornwall, this makes it easy and quick to go to any locale-beaches, fishing villages, moors, National Trust properties, or other towns.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo