“one big happy family a lovey place to stay”
Review of White Hart Inn

White Hart Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Bodmin
Reviewed 25 June 2012

me and my son stay here for 3 night and a full english was done for us every morning and coffee or tea but if u didnt want a full english thay will cook u some thig eles all u need to do is ask. (june 2012) lovely clean room shower clean towels tv and 2 signal con-fey bed where in the room we had a brilliant 3 night sleep. Chris and Jacky and all the bar staff r really hoist good ppl. i c the different in this pub as iv been going back and for since i was 16 and im 31.all i can say is please dont juagd a book by his cover till u tryed yourself. we will retune hopefull summer holaday c u soon

Room Tip: talk to chis and jacky first and thay will do thay beat to give a room that suits your need.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 July 2011

We went to visit family in Bodmin and asked them to find us a B&B there.When I was told the name of it I looked it up on here and was horrified.
We arrived on the Tuesday to a very halpful young lad taking our luggage out of the car for us.We were welcomed by the NEW owners (Chris Jack Sue and Merv, Chris n Jack do the day to day running) who offered us tea and coffee which we were greatful for after such a long journey (7 hours).We were then shown to our room which I was pleasently surprised.It was a little bit dated but very clean, tea and coffee making facilities and lovely fresh towels and bedding. The en suite shower room was also very clean and the power shower lived up to its name (very powerful).
After unpacking we went downstairs to order food there wasn't a menu available as they have just started serving meals but we were told what was available and if we wanted something they didn't have they would get it for us. We ordered and were very surprised to learn all the food was home cooked and realy enjoyable.
Wednesday night in the pub is Poker night we were asked if we would like to join so we did and realy enjoyed it. We were welcomed by all the regulars as if we had known them already.
We had a nice quiet night on Thursday and were told that if we were to stay the following night it was Karaoke night. As we were enjoying the pleasentness of our stay we decided to stay over and we're glad we did. We're not big drinkers but enjoyed being in the bar because of the friendly atmosphere.
All in all we couldn't fault the B&B or the staff or the area.
We will stay there again without hesitation.
THANKS EVERYONE FOR A GREAT 5 NIGHT STAY......WE WILL BE BACK

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2010

I visited on Saturday night I was desperate for the loo and was back on my way to Devon at the time and had stopped outside another another pub but was too nervous to go in as it seemed so rough.
So I found this one parked round the back and have to be honest was in 2 minds wether to go in as I was on my own. Need not have worried I walked into Kareoke and there was a varied age range in the bar it was friendly from the word go.
I was served by Ben and was lucky enough to be able to chat to the new Landlady Marian who had the night off but was mingling with clientel.
The toilets were spotless and smelled clean a major bonus and the it seemed to have had a lick of paint to freshen the freshen the place up.
Being a nosey person I asked a lot of questions it seems Marian took over in July'ish we went outside to the front Beer Garden and I was pleased to see 2 door men on the door at front.
When I asked she explained that she had managed to start getting rid of the main trouble makers but for now the door men would be there to ensure that there was no trouble so as locals and visitors could enjoy a night without worrying which put my mind at rest.
The new landlady Marian runs it with her family Ben was on duty that night and I have to say it was cheerful and fun night the locals were friendly and welcoming.
Marian did show me around and explained although they had done a lot obiously there is much more she wants to do to improve the place.
And I have to say the turn around is amazing from a few months ago. One of the locals I chatted to said before it was awful but now lots more people were visiting because they knew they could have a good evening without the worry of trouble.
Marian it seems has good experience a no-nonsense woman who has been in the trade with the likes of St Austell Brewery etc (told you I was nosey)
I have to say that I believe this place will be a main place to stay given a few months and if the Marian has her way the speed in which she is making this a friendly place to stay it will be the ideal place to go even with families.
Although they do a sunday lunch they dont do food at the moment during week seems she wants to concentrate on getting the main pub side back to what it should be.
I ended up staying the whole evening the time flew and I had a great time even though I was not drinking.
I will definately be going back soon and staying overnight next time.
I have to say a big thank you to Ben and Marian who offred me to stay as they were concerned about me travelling back to Devon so late.
Give this place a try folks ok its not a palace but it is getting back to what a pub should be and given time will be fantastic

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank CRETELOVER
hbmanagement, new landlord at White Hart Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2011

we have totally revamped the white hart and hope as new landlords to see all old and new customers and to read their new reviews thanking you all in advance for your responces

Reviewed 30 June 2010

The photos are out of date on this site and the pub's website. Do not be fooled. This place is now run down and dire - a shame because it was obviously quite nice at one time.

They did not have our booking as we'd been put down for the wrong week, but said they could sort it if we gave them half an hour. We settled down in the, now very shabby, bar and drank our cloudy ale from dirty glasssware whilst engrossing ourselves in the dual domestics that were going on in the bar and also somewhere near the back of the pub. The rooms, once ready, were comfortable but not quite as nice as the photos would imply. For instance, they don't show the rotting fruit in my waste bin or the unflushed toilet, conatining the previous occupant's bowel movements, in my colleague's room.

Not sure whether the pub comes alive of an evening as we decamped to far better watering holes for the rest of the evening.

Breakfast was served and okay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2009

This truly is one to avoid. Shabby accommodation, an electric socket behind a pillow on the bed, a TV with no ariel, car parts in a cupboard ... just don't go there

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2009

I was warned about The White Hart Inn before I went and was told it was a dump
I have read the reveiw and the same problems still exists. Bathromm seat broken toilet roll holder broken bedside lights not working no warbrode and really no where to hang you clothes on The landlady ask if a man could go to the room and look at the electricity mains for the whole INN which was on the side of the window under a botched panel in the bedroom which was a safety hazard when arriving back from a very wet outing the botched up panel was lying accross our suitcase, when asked to get someone up to fixed it nobody came then the landlady came up and tried to fix it but fell off the wall again .For breakfast well what will I say a greasy mess no butter but margarine which was disgusting
Very loud music coming from the bar and the bar was empty just a young lad behind the bar
On returning at 10 30pm the Inn was closed and we had to hammer on the door to be greeted by a very arrogant lad and said they were closed and we could not have a drink until the landlady say we could
On the whole the Inn needed the hotel inspector to go in and clean it it and the landlady was advertising meals which were non existent

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vonneyDevon
Reviewed 26 June 2009

If you must go to Bodmin this place is to be avoided unless all else fails in your search for accommodation. When we arrived the entrance door panel appeared to have been kicked in and temporarily repaired with unpainted plywood, adjacent window panes had been replaced by cardboard taped on to the window frame and the bar could not supply draught beer. At breakfast one of our party asked for butter for his toast and was told that none was available only margarine. Not a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bodmin
0 mi away
St Benet's Abbey
#1 of 1 in Lanivet
Travelodge Bodmin Roche Hotel
Travelodge St Austell Hotel

Been to White Hart Inn? Share your experiences!