“A definite disappointment”
Review of White Hart Inn

White Hart Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Bodmin
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Not a place to stay on business. After a three hour drive, turned up, no food so was sent to the local chippy. There is nowhere in the room to work, although there is free WiFi - you just have to perch on the single bed. The TV doesn't work. The carpets are dire. The place is very dated. The people are nice enough but don't seem concerned that I'm not particularly pleased with the room. Shame. Won't be coming again. The room is on the main road so noisy.

Room Tip: Don't stay
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank N L

Reviewed 11 May 2013

wow what can we say what a fantastic place friendly staff friendly locals great atmosphere great breakfast we would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone.we enjoyed it so much we stayed another night.we would like to thank jack and chris the landlord and landlady also all the staff for a time we will never forget can't wait to come back.wishing the white hart all the best see you soon x

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2013

On entry I was welcomed by a blast of music that you would expect to be coming from a Benidorm nightclub at 2am. Then it seems they have lost my booking. Luckily it didn't matter as the place was empty. The first room I was offered was directly over the Benidorm nightclub experience but they happily offered to move me to a quieter room. My experience with the family that run the pub was a good one, they are lovely people, but I'm not sure they know much about running a pub/hotel.

The room was awful, although reasonably clean. Very small, tatty, with the cheapest squeakiest bed I have ever slept on. The en suite floor had cracked tiles with a terrible bodged repair, and the toilet seat was disgusting, broken and swollen up by someone else's bodily fluids - yuck!. If my wife had been with me I would have never dreamed of staying here.

The accommodation here is made for contractors who pay a cheap weekly rate while they are working away from home, it certainly isn't somewhere for a romantic weekend. My advice to the owners would be to cut the price to £20 for a single room, £30 for a double, and people won't expect much so won't be offended when they arrive. You will fill the place up because you are the cheapest place in town, guests will drink beer and eat food, and everybody wins. As things are now, I can't see this place surviving long, the bar was empty when I was here.

the owners really are nice people, I wish them the best, but you have been warned.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Fandango11
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We arrived on a Thursday evening and entered the bar where my husband was accosted by a drunk woman at the bar and then her friend proceeded to make stupid faces and gestures behind his back while he was waiting at the bar to get the key.
When we got to our room we were surprised at the size of it as it really was very small ,the two twin beds were either cause of the door and the "bed side table" was a very badly fitted wooden shelf above our heads. The television did not work,we could get to the menu page but could not get any program to watch. The music was very loud from the bar below and made relaxing near on impossible. Trying to sleep was made more difficult by the fact the emergency light shone a green light down on me all night and the noise from people smoking and talking carried up to the room.
The breakfast was poor ,we arrived at the table and on the table was a dish with 3 ice cream scoops of margarine which I couldn't believe. My coffee was instant coffee served in a metal teapot. The breakfast was a full English but the sausages were the cheap frozen type ,the toast was a poor quality thin sliced loaf,and no jams or marmalade were offered.There was an en suite but I declined the shower as it was filthy as was the air filter. When we returned later that evening we were greeted at the bar by a woman shouting so we could hear her over the very loud music if we were going to pay our bill,we had already decided that we were going to cut our stay by one night and told her that ,but she did not know how to change the bill so said we would have to pay the next day. We went up to the room and found the bins had not been emptied the cups had not been washed or changed and the television not fixed. The music was even louder than the night before and made worse as it was a karaoke night and did not have the best singers taking part, this went on until 23.45 . We checked out the next morning without partaking of another breakfast. The experience was horrible and while the landlord was friendly I feel he was not very bothered if we were happy or not . I would say avoid this place at any costs it is not a good place to be and we got very little sleep.

Room Tip: If you want a good night's sleep and a quality breakfast don't stay here
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank UPSTREAMERS
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Arrived Friday afternoon to a Walm welcome from bar staff, stayed for 3 nights with my fiancee and 3 year old son. All staff and regulars in bar were extremely friendly to us all. Over the weekend we drank in the bar every night, the entertainment was fantastic and staff polite. Breakfasts were amazing with a choice of cooked English or cereals. Rooms were clean, tidy and comfortable, with flat screen digital TV's and free wi-fi . New owners jack and Chris are superb hosts. We are looking at getting married down hear next year and we will be recommending the white hart to our family for accomadtion

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Gaz3528
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Absolutely brilliant! All the reviews from August 2011 are correct! All the ones before are from previous management who let the place go to pieces!!! It is now a family friendly fun pub and boy what a good time we had! Jack and chris are amazing always met out needs! If you are traveling through and need somewhere to stay I advise this place :) also the company I work for which is my fathers company has this pub/hotel as its base working in Cornwall!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank VikkiHiggins
Reviewed 25 June 2012

me and my son stay here for 3 night and a full english was done for us every morning and coffee or tea but if u didnt want a full english thay will cook u some thig eles all u need to do is ask. (june 2012) lovely clean room shower clean towels tv and 2 signal con-fey bed where in the room we had a brilliant 3 night sleep. Chris and Jacky and all the bar staff r really hoist good ppl. i c the different in this pub as iv been going back and for since i was 16 and im 31.all i can say is please dont juagd a book by his cover till u tryed yourself. we will retune hopefull summer holaday c u soon

Room Tip: talk to chis and jacky first and thay will do thay beat to give a room that suits your need.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bodmin
0 mi away
St Benet's Abbey
#1 of 1 in Lanivet
Travelodge Bodmin Roche Hotel
Travelodge St Austell Hotel

Been to White Hart Inn? Share your experiences!