“Family Reunion at Banchory Lodge”
Review of Banchory Lodge

Banchory Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Banchory
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I did not stay at this property. I had a lovely tea there as my Aberdeen relatives came to meet my husband and myself. The setting is spectacular with the River Dee and the tea was really outstanding. That may be because I am an American and found the finger foods to be terrific. The dining rooms were "very British appearing" lots of flowers and Chintz. It fit my concept I had before my trip of what a lodge in Scotland would look like.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Arrived this hotel 6 June to find they were doing renovations. Was shocked as was attending my nieces wedding. However work ended later that day, Had fantastic time at this hotel.. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Wedding was wonderful and have to say the wedding dinner was first class, service, food everything was just great. Thank you Banchory Lodge for helping make Allison & Stewarts wedding so special.. I am travel consultant in USA and will be recommending to my clients.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank lizziemac53
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed here end of May for 3 nights, we did enjoy our stay, there was a little mix up in the beginning, but other Than that we found the staff very pleasant, the hotel was very clean, the surroundings very nice, a pleasant stay, but the bathroom in our room was very tired, the shower doors never closed and the actual shower was terrible, definitely needs spending money on, but would go back at some point

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed one night and arrived quite late in the evening - it was about 40 minutes taxi ride from Aberdeen Airport. Receptionist gave a very friendly greeting and showed me to my room (hotel is rather like a labyrinth). Room was massive in comparison with most hotels and the bathroom was ultra modern, very spacious - very elegant! Went down for a bite to eat - food arrived promptly and was nice and hot. After I'd eaten, I was offered tea. Great nights sleep. Next morning, had a hearty breakfast - room overlooked the river - very peaceful and mellow. Good wifi signal throughout the hotel. Very impressed with the hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have doors opening out on to a patio overlooking the river - definitely recommende...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel. I liked it the first time I stayed in January this year and booked again when I went back to the area on business. I really like the feeling of comfort I get when I stay there. It's lots of small things that add up to make it so pleasant. Friendly and helpful staff. Fabulously comfy beds. Good en-suite facilities. In the evening they light lovely candles in the entrance hall. I find the place, soothing and peaceful. The setting is great. At breakfast I was looking out the window and saw fish jumping upstream in the river and Heron on the river bank. Breakfast has plenty of choice. While the evening menu might be a bit limited for some people, I loved my evening meal. I had risotto which was tasty and perfectly cooked. Both times I have stayed here the food has been great. If I return to the area I would book there again. I wish them all the very best.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We attended as guests at an all day wedding May 25th.
The setting was beautiful overlooking the river dee, with breathtaking scenery perfect for wedding photos.
Every window looked out onto a stunning view.
The staff who served the wedding reception should be highly praised, very good service, efficient, no waiting between courses.
The food was of a very high standard, piping hot, cooked to perfection.
Perfect Wedding for Lynne and Ash.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank DawnS7168
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Took 3 guests out for dinner Saturday 24th May expecting to get a nice meal how wrong was I. Got a nice welcome from a waiter then it all started to go wrong.. Ordered starters the menu said broth it should have been renamed barley soup because that was what it was with only 2 pieces of diced carrot in it(no exaggeration ) . Pate was so bitter it totally put her off, not sure if it was the butter all round it,but we never said anything at that point thinking it would get better, how wrong could we have been. Chicken arrived cold, in fact very cold along with the vegetables on the plate. 2 of us put it back but other just said she would eat it as by this time she had been totally put off by her starter, but left most of it. It said on menu chicken with braised leek,mustard sauce I thought it was a leek and mustard sauce but there were no leeks to be seen waitress took it back and apologised 30 mins later my husband and I got a new freshly cooked chicken with 2 baby leeks on top, it was slightly warmer. Decided to order sweets which you couldn't think anything could be wrong with that. Sticky toffee was lovely but apple crumble was so hard it maybe should have said apple crunch. 3 scoops of ice cream cost £6. I just gave up complaining as it was embarrassing for our guests. The waiter took the price of the 2 chicken off but that's not what we went there for. Lovely staff but that was all.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Moira G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banchory
Tor-na-Coille
Loch Kinord Hotel
#1 of 1 in Dinnet
Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa
Kildrummy Castle Hotel

Been to Banchory Lodge? Share your experiences!