Stayed here one night on a weekday in March. This is an old country house that has been refurbished into a (quite fancy) hotel. We had a room on the top floor and it was big and comfortable. The bathroom was small, though, and the shower was a challenge (from antarctic temperatures to sahara in just a tenth of an inch turn of the knob). The location of this hotel is basically in a forest area with not much population around it, so at night it becomes absolutely pitch dark outside, which makes for quite a deep sleep. In the morning we were all startled by a fire alarm that went off, that was a little off-putting. Our room fee included dinner in the restaurant downstairs, which for me was the highlight of our stay. Absolutely lovely food, well cooked, high end quality as well. The lounge was comfortable and made for a nice reading place while enjoying a drink. The breakfast was also very tasty (tip: eggs Benedict). Overall we had a good time here, maybe a bit on the expensive side, but I have to say it was worth it. Another tip: Plenty of nice castles around this area to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful 4-Star Country House Hotel in the heart of Royal deeside. Offering luxury accommodation where the care and attention of our guests is paramount. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Tor-na-Coille reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tor-Na-Coille Hotel Banchory
- Tor-Na-Coille Banchory, Aberdeenshire