“Can not fault it!!”

BEST WESTERN Burnett Arms Hotel
Ranked #21 of 35 Restaurants in Banchory
“Can not fault it!!”
Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

My experience of Aberdeenshire hotels has been a little chequered over the last 4 months and was expecting this to be the same, I wasn't shocked, I was thoroughly flabbergasted by this little gem hidden. From start to finish of my 4 night I can honestly say this has been one of the best hotels I have stopped at for a long time. You will not go far wrong if you try this place out. The rooms, the wifi, the service, the food and hospitality put the big chain hotels (who charge astronomical prices for sub standard accommodation) to shame. Burnett Arms, keep doing what you are doing and don't let anybody tell you differently.

Visited May 2013

Kingswells, United Kingdom
“Well below its old standards”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Me my wife and daughter attended at the Burnett Arms for a bar supper on Sunday. It had been a while since we did this but as it was a nice day we decided to have a run to Banchory as we liked going there and the food was always very good.
The hotel had not changed much and I ordered the prawn and melon cocktail to start. When it arrived I was not best pleased. I had five prawns, four small balls of melon with a small side salad. The marie rose sauce tasted like it had came from a jar and four small triangles of bread with a slight scrapping of butter. The price for that was £5.45, my 10 year old niece could have done a better job.
My wife had the braised steak diane and although the beef was cooked it was dry, as if it had been cooked for some time.
My daughter had the macaroni cheese, which was watery, and I had the fish which was served in a rather same plate. My chips, which were tasteless and definately frozen, not fresh and came in a seperate dish. There was no room for them on the plate so I asked the waitress for a bigger plate I was told that this was the biggest plate they had.
I paid £35 pounds for that meal and feel that the food was well below what I remember of the Burnet Arms.
I wont be hurrying back which is unfortunate because it was my favourite restaurant in Banchory.

• Visited April 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Hogmanay at The Burnett Arms Hotel”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

We had a last minute let down with our Hogmanay plans and was delighted to hear the Burnett Arms was still able to take bookings for their year-end party plans. The Manager and team was fantastic. We were showed around the venue, told of the layout and plans for the Hogmanay and made to feel very welcome indeed. We booked a table of 7 people and had a really great evening. Supper was provided, the entertainment ran the whole evening and the dancing during the night presented lots of fun, a great laugh and entertaining time.

Visited December 2012
Banchory, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great Local Food”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We have eaten here on numerous occasions and always find the staff and owners to be really polite and helpful. Great Local pub with a great atmosphere and varied menu for all tastes.

• Visited January 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly & good food”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We have eaten here on numerous occasions and each time the food has been very tasty. The waitresses are always polite and service, even during busy times, has been efficient. We would recommend it to those who like basic good food.