“Good Food”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
“Good Food”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Excellent food, good wines and friendly service. Really enjoyed our evening. We'll done Chris and staff, looking forward to our next visit.
Very reasonably priced, exceptional cuisine.

Visited November 2013

“great food, worth the cost”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We had eaten at the Green inn, the chef's previous restaurant and the food here has gone up a notch even since then. Service was friendly and prompt, and it was disappointing that there were so few other customers. This place deserves to do well as there are so few restaurants around Aberdeen than can produce this standard of cuisine. We felt the food was well worth the cost, and the wine list was very reasonable

Visited October 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food in Banchory”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Four of us had dinner here last night and all of us thought the food was sublime, some of the best we have ever had. Excellent wine too. There have been some remarks on trip advisor about the price but quite honestly I have paid more for mediocre food and wine more times than I care to remember and I don't think we paid an inflated price for the food we ate here. My only grumble was that the room feels a little sterile. I look forward to coming back here again.

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner for eight”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

On arriving we were put into one room at the back of restaurant, we were eight people, no one else in the room so there was no atmosphere at all in the whole place. It took almost an hour before we got our wine once we had ordered it , very slow. Food for some of us was good , but my steak was actually not very hot. Ambience a little flat, and generally very over priced.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Elaine C
Baggers22, Owner at Aubergine, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Dear Trip adviser member, we are sorry that we put you in a room of your own but as we were told this was an special occasion we thought of giving you a private dinning room.
As far as you waiting over an hour for a wine order it totally unacceptable and I will be looking into this and correcting it there is know excuse for this even though we were fully book on this evening.
As I have said in previous responses I tend to serve my food at a temperature so that the customer can actually enjoy the flavors.
When a restaurant is serving Scallops/Langostines/Foie gras etc I am afraid you must be prepared to to pay for quality produce.
We tend to cap numbers of a single booking at 6 as to give the kitchen time to prepare the best possible food and I can only say sorry for you disappointment, possibly a none fine dining restaurant may have suit your needs better.
I can only ask Trip adviser users to look at the majority of our write ups.
I hope you find somewhere more in your budget for your next evening out.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was nice but it seemed a little bit pretentious”
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

We had a garlic and langoustine soup which was lovely but after that the remainder of the meal was nice but didn't amaze like I anticipated it would. We called in on the off chance and were seated in a room by ourselves so it lacked atmosphere and the room seemed to trap the smells from the kitchen. The staff were very attentive but the food was a bit too heavy on the cream and fast side for my liking. I don't think it's been open very long so could develop into something good

• Visited September 2013
Baggers22, Owner at Aubergine, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
I would just like to point out I have never made a garlic soup ? Maybe it was the fresh truffle which some people which are not used to such ingredients can get confused!
I am not sure why you found it a bit pretentious as I have been running restaurants in the same way for 20 years and not heard that remark before.
I have taken on bored your comment about the cream and will try to lighten things on that department .
Once again thank you for you comments