“Excellent Stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Weston-super-Mare
The New Ocean Hotel
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Weston-super-Mare
Bridgend Wales
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed for 2 nights Friday and Saturday August. This hotel is probably the best we have stayed at in Weston. Great value buffet breakfast, four coarse evening meal with a good choice of meals and a free bar 6pm until 10pm. Entertainment on both nights we stayed. Good location for the sea front and town. The rooms are very clean with daily maid service. Staff very friendly and go out of their way to attend your needs. Quite a task after a couple of drinks finding your room at the end of the night especially if your on the 4th floor. A good night sleep in comfy beds and no noise. Already looking to book for the Christmas theme later in the year.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank reynolds1949
Gerald R, Manager at The New Ocean Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thank you for your review. Your kind words and comments with regard to the staff, food and cleanliness are much appreciated.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I have visited this hotel's sister hotel - the birchfield hotel and had a brilliant stay. When I booked I accidently booked the new ocean hotel but thought I would try it out. I asked for a double room for me and my partner and a single room for my disabled nan, when we checked in, my nans room was next to the lift which was handy and there were no stairs involved with the added bonus that she was given a double room. Our rooms were clean and tidy and serviced brilliantly in the day whilst we were around the beach. Breakfast was brilliant we had a choice of cereal with fruit or a buffet full english with toast, tea and coffee on our tables, waitors were curtious and attentful. There was a choice of a lunch for £5 which we didn't make use of but was good to know. Dinner was brilliant consisted of a starter where I had a chicken and bacon salad, a main - cumberland sausage and mash and a dessert - choice of cake, crumble, cheese and crackers or ice cream. If this wasn't enough there was a free bar from 6-10pm all at a bargain price!! Ideal for the older generation but being 21 year olds we had a lot of fun and seems like everyone else here did too! This hotel cares for their customers and being in the quality sector I would say they are a customer focused company and deserve so many more stars!

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank Hannah P
Gerald R, Owner at The New Ocean Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for review. I am pleased that we were able to fulfil your nan's request for a room with no stairs. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us and you had good weather!
Reviewed 18 July 2013

everything was great meals great music all weekend free bar from 6 till 10 staff very good
on the day i left i had a word with owner and said hold on to your staff they make this hotel.
good view from hotel

Room Tip: the rooms are ok you have all that you need tea and coffee what us brits like a cup of tea in the mo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank patricia rose d
Thank you for your kind review about the staff, food and entertainment!
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We have just returned from a great weekend at the new ocean and want to say a big thanks to all the staff for a wonderful time the food was lovely and the staff were extremely helpful and attentive. A few points of constructive criticism for the management.
A little more variety of food would be good.
Also the entertainment for the first 2 nights was very limited to only the older audiences and should be more varied as there were younger guests. On the plus side the entertainment on the last night was vastly better as it catered to a range of tastes.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank gemmapowell
Thank you for your review. We do appreciate your comments and thank you for your kind words about the staff.
Cumbernauld, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2013

we stayed at this Hotel for a week and thoroughly enjoyed it .the food was first class and the service and efficiency of the staff was excellent the rooms were nice and clean ,i would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone who were thinking of a holiday .

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank Andy N
Gerald R, Manager at The New Ocean Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your comments.
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We went with friends to stay at this hotel and have already booked to return. Staff are very friendly, food is first class.Rooms are nice & clean what more could you ask for.Other the right price, well you get that to. I personaly think this is a very good deal and value for money.a nice walk to all the main shops,it's about a 15 min walk.We stayed Friday to Monday the all inclusive deal absolutly amazing.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank val c
Thank you for your kind review. Its good to hear that you had booked to return. We hope that your second visit will be as good as the first or better!
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would share my experiance with you.

I was invited along on a local conservative club coach holiday (Opal Holidays) which I believe are usually set up for the 50+ age market (although I could be wrong) and include travel, hotel, food and drinks deals. I am actually only 29 myself.

I had a great time on this trip but I think what made it so great was the New Ocean Hotel. It has a good location right on the sea front, it is clean and comfortable and has everything you would need. This hotel though is made by its staff. Every single member of staff in this hotel seems to be working their hardest at all hours of the day. They all stay happy and help you with whatever requests you may have - the hotel manager should be proud!

Definatley would stay here again if I went down to Weston Super Mare!!!

Room Tip: Stayed in room 101 - great view and window area!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank frenchydj
Thank you for your kind review. I am very happy to hear that you found the staff to be happy and helpful throughout your stay. I do agree that the location of the hotel does have a lovely outlook across marine lake.