Went away last weekend with my girlfriend, paying £80 per night for a two night break including breakfast.
1. We changed room three times. The first two rooms we had were very shabby and the bathrooms really quite dirty. The third room they gave us was a small improvement as it had clearly been refurbished within the last twenty years and the bathroom was only a bit dirty. All three rooms were however, very small. This is a hotel where they've split every room into as many smaller rooms as possible resulting in rooms not a great deal bigger than the double bed in them. Generally, the quality of the rooms was very poor; shabby and dirty.
2. Very disorganised at breakfast. You are given a piece of paper with a table number on it when you check-in. We asked a waiter where our table was but he looked at us as if we were from another planet. Most of the staff are foreign and some speak almost no English at all. He eventually managed to find our table but it took him about ten minutes during which time we were just left standing there with no idea as to whether he was just ignoring us or not. Once seated I waited ten minutes and then gave up and had to go and ask for coffee.
3. Very small portions.
4. Fire alarm went off at 715 in the morning. Absolutely deafening. Stayed on for about ten minutes before going off again.
5. Limited parking. A couple of spaces outside the hotel. We had to park up the road but did manage to find somewhere fairly easily.
1. The quality of the food was generally pretty good, just tiny portions.
2. The reception staff were helpful and pleasant (as was the guy behind the bar).
This hotel also seems to be favoured by the older generation. I'm 46 and was probably the youngest guest in the hotel by some distance. Neither good nor bad of course but dependant on your age and what sort of weekend you're looking for. Might explain the small food portions though.
Can't really recommend this hotel unless you're able to get it at a knock down price. It's well past it's refurbishment date and the rooms are dirty.