“Surpassed Every Expectation!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Weston-super-Mare
New Birchfield Hotel
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Weston-super-Mare
birmingham
“Surpassed Every Expectation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

Just returned from a long weekend and what a fantastic time we had. Lovely room, excellent food, brilliant entertainment, attentive, helpful staff and a free bar! What more could we want? We will definitely be back. Thank you to all concerned.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank villaval57
Gerald R, Owner at New Birchfield Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
Thank you for your review, and we appreciate your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
West Midlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

We have just returned from a five day stay at the birchfield. On booking our holiday I spoke to them on the telephone explaining that due to my husbands health problems and him being a wheelchair user who could not use stairs, we needed a lower floor room, I was told that this would be no problem so I went ahead and booked, during the run up to our holiday I spoke to staff on two more occassions again stressing that we needed a lower floor room, I was assured that this had been noted and that we would get front seats on the coach as well. We did get the front seats on the coach, however on arrival we were given keys to a room on the top floor, I could not believe it after I had been assured that we would get a room on the lower floor, if I had been told there was a chance we would not get the room we required I would not have risked booking, but I was NOT told this. The house keeper said I shouldn't have been promised a lower floor, and did not have much empathy for the situation we had been left in.The room they gave us was small and did not have enough space for the wheel chair, the door rattled all night and there was a draught from the window, not very pleasant seeing as the bed was right underneath it, it was a nightmare getting to and from the room to the lift as the corridors leading to the room we were in were so narrow I had great difficulty in manouevering the wheel chair in and out of the lift and our room resulting in me having to physically tilt the wheel chair to get in position to enter the room.(Not easy with some one sitting in it!) I spoke to the owner of the hotel and he said to leave it with him and he would see what he could do, I never saw him again until the day before we were due to return, he did not mention our complaint, not even a "sorry" which was very bad as it really the hotel at fault. If you are a wheel chair user or have special requirements dont trust this hotel to meet your needs once you have paid thats it they dont want to know, there is no concern for the well being of the guests. My husband is terminally ill, this holiday was meant to be a break for us it ended in being a misery.

Room Tip: DON'T trust them to consider your needs
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank P E
Gerald R, Owner at New Birchfield Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Thank you very much for your review but I was most concerned to read it. I have obviously looked into this in much detail and would just like to clarify a couple of points. According to our records on booking you mentioned that your husband had walking problems and would need a room with suitable access which we advised would be no problem. On arrival you were allocated room 502 on the third floor and whilst a appreciate that this is not a low floor it does have direct level access to the lift which is only 10 metres from the bedroom door, this lift serves all floors and provides guests with clear level access to our lounge, dining room, bar and reception. Unfortunately at the time of your stay we were fully booked so were unable to offer you a room on a lower floor that would also have level lift access. I do apologise for any misunderstanding regarding your booking but we do always try to ensure that guests are provided with rooms suitable for thier requirements and that some of our lower floor rooms would have involved a few steps that your husband would have been unable to manage.
birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

Myself and my Husband have just come back from a 5 day stay at the Birchfield, and we must say we have been impressed. The bedroom had a nice comfy bed and was spacious, as was the bathroom. There was a lovely dining room, which overlooked the sea. A nice bar, and comfortable lounge with an outdoor terrace area. The food was great as was the service. All the staff were very friendly and obliging. Weston was a surprise too, as it has been many years since I had holidayed there. Would definately go back again.

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ollie54
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2011

This hotel caters for ll your needs.Not far from the shops and local shopes etc, nice walk along the prom and beach. Overlooks the boating lake. Fantastic views. I took friends and family for a great escape weekend it was brill. We ate, drunk and laughed with everyone all weekend, made great friends and have retuned twice to meet up with them. Staff are so friendly and everyone joined in with the evening entertainment. Just Brill.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tezover
Walsall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2011

Both my wife and myself went to this hotel to spend our 8th Wedding Anniversary, we travelled by coach from Wolverhampton, once the cases were off loaded they were taken to our room which was a sea view room. This room was quite spaciouos with the usual tea making facilities, this was replenished every day. There is a buffet breakfast plus all the cereals, orange juice is on your table waiting for you. Each morning you select your evening meal from a menu. The food is excellent as is the entertainment. We would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a decent break.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank berniethebolt35
badgworth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2011

this is the second time we have stayed at the new birchfield hotel, this time it was for Christmas. What an enjoyable holiday we had, it was snowing outside but it was warm, cosy, the staff attentive and the food and atmosphere were second to none, we had great entertainment and we were "delivered" from door to door on the coach provided.I can't stress enough how good a time we had, we will certainly be going back next year
Well Done

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank maxBadgworth
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2010

The Bichfield Hotel staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough for u, the rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable.
The food was excellent plenty of food with each meal

• Stayed September 2010