Anchor Head Hotel
US$100
Queenswood Hotel(Weston-super-Mare)
US$106
US$103
The Grand Atlantic Hotel(Weston-super-Mare)
US$73
US$107
  • Breakfast included
US$84
PremierInn.com
Cabot Court Hotel(Weston-super-Mare)(Great Value!)
US$73
Agoda.com
US$91
PremierInn.com
Beachlands Hotel(Weston-super-Mare)
US$146
All reviewsalfa travelalfa coachleisureplex hotelsbingo callingsea viewalpha toursound of the wavesentertainment every nightthe local bus servicenice seakept clean and tidywalking difficultiesbudget breakgreat entertainmentchedder gorgemeal timesfacing the road
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Spent five days here recently having travelled with Alfa in a discrete group from our local church. The hotel staff were all extremely friendly and welcoming which probably stems from having a very "hands on" manager. She was always around and joined in, even hosting a "Mr. and Mrs." on the evening of Valentine's Day. The multi-tasking Jamie was a great asset and our waitress, Anisa, was an absolute joy - how can she be so bright so early in the morning?! The food was good with a wide choice, the rooms were clean and comfortable and we had the bonus of a lovely sea view. The entertainment was good every evening and there was a nice little dance floor. The only downside from our organiser's point of view was that none of the "special requests" were granted. The hotel only had a small number of ground floor rooms and quite a lot of our party are elderly and not all that fit. There are a lot of steps in the hotel and only one lift which said it held four but was a very tight squeeze. As had been mentioned the coach has to park up a slope, not ideal for those who have mobility problems and, in fact, one of our ladies had a fall but the hotel staff couldn't have been kinder with Janet arranging meals in her room the day after and a taxi to take her to hospital for a check-up. Would stay at the Anchor Head again if visiting the area and woud definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2011
5  Thank MarianVaughn
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel. Our room 306 was very clean and comfortable and the bathroom first class.The food was hot and plentyfull. The staff are all so friendly and helpful.The entertainment was average, but I hope you enjoy the quiz Sataday night, we did.Weston-Super-Mare will be the place to visit when all the work on the front is finished at the moment it looks like a building site! The town is nice and again clean.We travelled with Alfa and have no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank RootsYorkshire
Reviewed 13 May 2010

My Wife and I stayed at the Hotel for 5 nights, we travelled there with Alfa Travel. We found the hotel was nice, and the staff were very friendly, and the food was first class,the hotel was clean, we would recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank jacob1940
Reviewed 29 April 2010

I took my elderly Mum here with Alfa for a short break. I found the hotel a little 'tired' and in need of updating, rooms very basic (blankets not duvets, no telephone) but the staff more than made up for it. All of the staff were very friendly and welcoming but our Polish waitress Anita was a real joy, always bright and smiling, nothing was too much trouble and she was such a hard worker always on the go. I asked her how she always managed to be so cheerful and she replied "I just love my job". The food, whilst basic, was good and plentiful, always several choices, served quickly and always piping hot. Overall the hotel was clean and comfortable, the views are stunning, but the ongoing roadworks in Weston are an absolute nightmare and I feel for the local businesses which must be losing so much income. A few extra touches such as hot choc and biscuits with the tea tray (they were only available as extras) and a few more toiletries would have been nice but for the price I don't suppose you can complain. The entertainment wasn't to my taste, but seemed to suit a lot of the older people there, it consisted of bingo and a singer each evening and although I was on the 3rd floor I could still hear the music, this coupled with noisy neighbours (must have been deaf the way they shouted!) who were thoughtlessly talking loudly on the landing and banging doors at nearly 2a.m. and having the TV blaring at 5.30a.m. meant I didn't get the best sleep - I do wish people would have a little thought for those of us who have gone away for a rest. I wouldn't recommened this hotel to friends of my own age as it really caters for older people, but it does that very well.

• Stayed: April 2010
2  Thank shropshiretraveller9
Reviewed 2 November 2009

The young staff were pleasant and helpful. How on earth they kept smiling while dealing with some of my rude, impolite and greedy fellow travellers I will never know!! The hotel is greatly in need of a serious refurbishment but it was exceptionally warm and very clean. The management have unneccessary computer-generated notices allover the hotel and very pungent, plug-in airfreshioners in many of the public areas.....why?
The breakfast was excellent, hot and fresh with a choice to suit most tastes and requirements; however , the dinner did not live up to the expectations described on the menu. The food was plentiful but overcooked and insipid!
My friend and I booked the hotel through Alfa Travel which is probably one of the most proffessional companies I have used. The trip was excellent value for money and I look forward to using them again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends