“Why did it take us sooo long to return?”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Demetris Taverna

Demetris Taverna
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Greek with fish and steaks our speciality closed on sundays open from 18.45 until 22.30
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Why did it take us sooo long to return?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

It's been a while since I last visited this establishment but was in the town and decided to pop in on the off chance of getting a table - after being greeted like a long lost member of the family I was invited to take a drink at the Bar. After a very short time I was shown to my table, ordered food from the "specials board" and chatted with the very friendly waiting staff. My food arrived together with an excellent bottle of house wine - everything was just fantastic, just as I had remembered my last visit! Why oh why had I been away for sooo long. Demetri and staff, you are wonderful, your food choices remain as good as ever and your Wine List just gets better. I will return to the best family restaurant very shortly - thanks Demetri for a wonderful experience.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Lister205

• Greek first
“Amazing Demetries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

First of all I want to thank the staff for their warm welcome! It was wonderful to go into a traditional Greek restaurant in the UK and feel like you were on holiday and one of the family. It's a beautiful setting and has a fantastic atmosphere. We ordered the Sheftalia for starters and Souvlaki for main and both were superb. Exactly what we expected. Traditional Greek food and beautifully cooked! As mentioned the atmosphere was great, Greek music and friendly staff, bustling with people and made us feel like we were 2000 miles away in Greece. A gem of a place and well worth a visit if in the area. We also booked late and they were very accommodating! Will definitely come back next time we are in the area, it was a gorgeous meal and we had a fantastic time! Compliments to the chefs and staff!

1 Thank DannDG
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, wonderful atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor for this restaurant I decided to book for the 2 of us for Friday last week on our weekend visit to Weston Super Mare. I am SO glad I did. From the moment we entered I knew we were going to have a great experience. The place was packed so obviously booking is a must. Not the largest of restaurants so therefore the atmosphere has to be just right and Dimitri and his team ensure it is. We decided to have the Meze, at £23 per head I hoped it would be good - we weren't disappointed! As each course arrived we were explained each dish - a fabulous way to experience Greek food. Apart from one little hiccup from a new waitress (she brought the dessert menu before the Meze dishes were finished!) the evening was fantastic. The food was beautifully flavoured and there was loads!! Make sure you go there hungry! Dimitri is the perfect host and ensured that he saw and spent some time with everyone in the restaurant during the evening. So for a meal for two or a gang of you it's a fantastic night and one that I would highly recommend.

• Visited April 2014
Walsall, West Midlands
“Relaxed and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

It's a bit unispiring from outside, but based on Tripadvisor reviews, we gave it a try, and we're very glad we did: inside it's welcoming. Great food, friendly, efficient service, and good value. Portion sizes were good, and decent wine and beer on offer.

• Visited April 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Been here a few time and each time we have always been greeted with a warm welcome. Food is excellent and so is the service. Highly recommend and will be visiting again.

• Visited July 2013