“Grandchildren treats”

Tarantella Ristorante
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Grandchildren treats”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We had charge of the Grandkids for half a day (3yrs and 18 months) and wanted an Italian (pizza was the GCs’ food of choice) in Weston SM for lunch. The 'child friendly' comment came up in Google so we went to Tarantella (no s!).
First I was surprised that this was quite a classy busy and very Italian ristorante and some of the clients gave a glance at our two small charges as if expecting disruption to their lunchtime enjoyment, but the staff (owners) were very welcoming, had the right seats to accommodate small people and provided a memorable lunch. There is no kids' menu but every main dish is available in small size and priced accordingly. It helped that our GCs were at their charming best but we could not have made a better choice for a kids' pizza, or been better looked after.
Food wise everything was well prepared and cooked to order (there was a big party in and that did delay our order slightly). There was a full on choice of risottos, bistecca etc. but the pizzas were particularly good, thin crust and well covered and my Wife's spaghetti was perfect. So kids or no kids we would recommend Tarantella.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank risottofungi

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Marvellous! ”
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

I've eaten at Tarantellas many times and I am always totally delighted with the service and food. Delicious range of pizzas and pasta and only £5.50 for each at lunch time.
Would always recommend to friends and family. Great experience over all!

Delabole
“Evening Out for 4”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have eaten in Italian Restaurants both in Italy and all over the UK and believe me this is one of the best. I have eaten in London Restaurants at 3 times this price and received worse food and worse service. This was my second visit to Tarantellas and on both occasions the food has been exceptional. The wine list is also surprisingly good and reasonable with Greco Di Tufo coming in at less than £30.00. when you consider the trade price of this wine is @ £17.00 they do not rip you off on the mark up as I have seen this same wine in Italian restaurants at £46.00 a bottle.

The service and staff are excellent and the atmosphere great. If you get the chance to visit Weston don't miss out on this place. You will not regret it. And remember no Italian Chef likes dishing up Brit -s'~t such as Lasagna or Spag Bol so stay well clear and go for the authentic dishes.

somerset
“The most amazing steak ever!”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Booked by phone 3 days before for a table for 2 by the window - no problem for the very friendly staff. Prompt and courteous service throughout, complimentary olives and bread, delicious starters of mushrooms with cream and port, and lush fresh bruschetta. The main courses... Creamy salmon pasta, and the utterly utterly best steak ever, large fillet the size of my hand, with Parma ham and Barolo sauce, gorgeous new potatoes, carrots with parsley and green beans. Cheapest red wine was delicious montepulciano which we would have bought anyway. No room for the home made tiramisu ;-( ...

1 Thank itinerantcrumpet
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“The only Italian owned and run by Italians”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Well we were told at out hotel that it was the only Italian in Weston owned and run by Italians.
When I phoned and booked I knew I would like it as the welcome on the phone made me want to visit. when we arrived we were treated as though we were the only people eating in the restaurant that night, and we weren't it was very busy. The food was great, wonderful fresh mussels home made pasta dishes and great wines, what more could you want. All the food being served looked good and was reasonably priced unlike some of their newer competitors who have a sea view with prices to match.
True Italian food in a great setting nothing else was needed.
So when in Weston visit this restaurant and you will enjoy the food and the ambience.