“Home from home”

and 1 more site!
Lauriston Hotel
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Weston-super-Mare
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We stayed 3 nights in February 2012, this being our 4th visit. The staff are wonderful, so helpful and friendly, and the atmosphere is calm and comfortable.
The bedrooms are en-suite with baths or showers, and tea making facilities, and are spotlessly clean.
As they are a charity for the blind they are set up with excellent facilities for guide dogs including a shower room and run at the back of the hotel, and welcome well behaved family pets, not that you would notice for not one dog hair is to be seen around the hotel.
The hotel is only 50 mts from the newly developed promenade, and 2 minutes walk from the Winter Gardens and fabulous new Pier.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front have views over the bay, and No 7 on the corner an even bigger view
1  Thank J S P P

Reviewed 6 March 2012

really nice welcome , great bedroom and lovely food . recommended by a friend and we weren't disappointed . will happily return.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed here 17th 2012 Feb for one night we found the room we had was the biggest in the hotel. You may think why so cheap, that is because he hotel is partly subsisted by the blind charity. Although open to the public the hotel is run mainly for the blind, we think this is an excellent idea and found the staff and services very good could not fault them. there is a car park but very tight we seemed to get the last space. we will defiantly be back again.

Room Tip: The twin room is the biggest in the house with big bay windows overlooking the pier
2  Thank CazzStevens
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed for just one night, the staff are helpful and friendly and the hotel is very clean. Our room was quite small but adequate. We only paid £ 45 for the 2 of us and that was with a full English breakfast as well. The breakfast was very good, cereal and toast too. It's a bit dated but still very nice, it had more character than the more modern hotels. The only criticism I could say was there wasn't enough parking outside, we got the last space..

3  Thank Angie B
Reviewed 8 February 2012

The extraordinary low room rate makes you wonder if this hotel is as good as the three star rating and reviews tell you it should be. Rest assured, it is a find.

The Lauriston is clean, tidy and staffed by friendly attentive people. The food in is tasty, hot and plentiful, but the bar is expensive. The hotel is set up to serve people with sight issues, so be aware that there will be fury friends about.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter L
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I have stayed in this Hotel 3 times now and I have nothing but praise for the hotel and staff. Staff are very friendly and very accommodating. Food is excellent and plentiful and the standard of housekeeping is first class. When a room is vacated everything is cleaned, even the inside of drawers and cupboards. It is well located for the centre of the town, theatre and park and and literally a 'stone's throw' from the sea front. This is the only hotel in Weston that I would recommend. Pets are permitted at a charge and a towel awaits you at the front door to wipe your four legged friend's paws. Doggy bedding is even provided if you do not take your own.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of this hotel are excellent. I have never experienced noise from other rooms...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy J
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I have used many hotels over the years and have yet to find one I have felt as welcome at any of them as I was made to feel at this hotel!

I was delayed getting to the hotel thanks to a rail delay and when I got to the hotel I was a little upset to discover the single that I had booked was no longer available due to work being done on the hotel. They hotel had upgraded me to a twin room but had forgotten that I was in need of a bath. I was moved to a different room which had an en-suite shower and a separate bath next door. This was lovely but to top this off the hotel also did something beyond sweet! I had previously asked reception if they could give me the number to a pizza take out, the LOVELY lady on reception offered to ring and order it for me. She did this and when it arrived they had also paid as a sorry for my room not being available. :-) I was so touched.

The room's themselves are basic no frills but immaculate and very very comfortable. Tea and coffee provided each day and biscuits which was fab :-) The cleaning lady was a total sweetie! So helpful! On my first morning the tv was not working and when she knocked to see if my room needed servicing I mentioned the tv, she went out of her way to help me there and then. She checked the wire's, brought a different remote and then even brought a different tv from an empty room. It turned out that the builders had knocked the ariel off lol.

Every single member of staff at the hotel went out of their way and further to help with any query. I asked one night for a heater due to bad weather I had got cold and the lady took it up to my room and plugged it in and turned it on ready for me returning.

The hotel even helped me extend my stay by moving rooms around so I could stay an extra night in the same room. (they also rang the hotel next door in the middle of the previous night to see if they could take me if there was no space in theirs)

I did not try the breakfast so I can not say what the quality was.

I will note for dog owners this hotel had it all!!! dog bowls by the front door and even towels to dry your dogs off and a bin to pop the towels in he he.

I was very very sad to actually be leaving this hotel, everything was perfect. Such lovely lovely place. I loved every minute. What more can I say? oh the beds were fab, I slept soundly each night and plenty of hot water :-)

I would stop there no problem again :-)

Thank you everyone at the hotel for making my trip perfect!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo