“Lovely clean hotel”

Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Weston-super-Mare
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely clean hotel”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Just back from a few days break at the Lauriston. The Hotel was in a very good location, The room was very clean & spacious. Breakfast was good.
The only minor things we could fault was that before we had checked in & seen the room we were asked 'if we would like to settle the bill'. We declined and said we would pay on checkout which was ok. Also on one morning we were woken early by the gardener trimming the hedges with a noisy electric strimmer.
But would still recommed this Hotel.

Room Tip: Sea facing room is good
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Irene S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We had a room on the first floor looking towards the beach and pier. It was lovely. We even had a bath. Very friendly people and a large assorted breakfast. Don't know it would be suitable for children. Lovely place for couples. Even has a bar and a lift. Pets are welcome .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed in a family room on the 5th July with our two daughters and our little shihtzu Charlie, the reception staff were lovely as we checked in and our room was very nice with a fantastic sea view. The beds were very comfortable and we had a great nights sleep, all topped off with a fantastic breakfast!! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Weston. our daughter forgot her trainers she told me just as we got to Devon lol.. My wife called the hotel and they posted them back straight away I thought that was very kind and helpful of them. We will be back!!

• Stayed July 2013
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights with my 2 dogs and I have to say it was excellent! The hotel is so dog friendly. They have a poop area and a doggy shower which was brilliant after we had taken the dogs on the beach!
The hotel is very clean and the staff are very helpful and friendly. The rooms are well sized and very comfy beds.
The hotel is a 1 minute walk to the seafront and they have a lovely garden you can sit in if you get sick of the sand!

I would highly recommend this hotel, especially if you have dogs. Will defo be going back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I booked this hotel on my mobile phone a matter of a few minutes from arriving. I had my small dog with me and told the hotel in advance. They could not have been more helpful .... I had a good nights sleep in a single room with a view over the seafront and the breakfast in the morning was great .... well served and very complete ! I will stay there again.

Room Tip: The ones at the front look out over the sea.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Steven_John48
Peterbrough, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2013

1st time that I stayed @ this hotel, & although it is need of a modernization , as it is showing signs of wear in some place, it it well worth a visit.
1 of the areas that this hotel delivers on is its excellent attention to customer service, & seeing the sign in the reception showing an 8.8 point award for customer excellence, I could understand why.
breakfasts are excellent, & waitress service ( which in this day of self service is a nice touch.)
parking could be a problem on the hotel site, when hotel is fully booked,

Room Tip: room @ front does give you a sea view, but can sometimes be noisy @ night
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dante W
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This was my second visit to the Lauriston Hotel - it is difficult to find a place my Mom finds comfortable, this is her hotel of choice and I enjoy it too. The staff are caring and compassionate, nothing is ever too much trouble for them. Although it could (like many hotels) do with a bit of TLC is is spotless and there is everything you need in your room. The food is mainly traditional with great cooked breakfasts but this time I found that there was a few more adventurous selections on the menu. It is very accessible throughout the hotel with a lift to all floors, a great well cared for garden, it is right be the seafront and they offer FREE parking (something other hotels in Weston are now charging for). They offer an excellent price point for the service they offer and do have Special Offers from time to time which are worth watching for. We will be back again in the near future.

Room Tip: I love room F25 a twin room with plenty of room, a bath and a shower, you can see the sea from it b...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family