Smiths Hotel
  • Restaurant
The Sandringham Hotel(Weston-super-Mare)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
All reviewssea frontextensive menularge balconybalcony roomsea viewsunday lunchevening mealfish and chipscoach partylovely foodcoach tripparking spacewould stay againwaiting staffcouldn't faultcooked breakfastshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here, just for the one night. What a gem, rooms were clean and comfy. Breakfast was plentiful and the staff were great. We had room 4 which was ground floor, we were apprehensive, thinking it might be noisey, but we heard nothing at all.
Will definitely return

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lynn s
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I was in town for a family reunion. Looking for a value for money stay.

On the plus side, a great location, some of the friendliest and most helpful staff I have ever met in a hotel. Great breakfast included in the room rate, and had an enjoyable pint or two at the bar. Convenient parking, but I would imaging during the season, this would be a problem. The wifi worked well.

On the down side, the hotel is tired, the room was small, the bathroom basic, and the first morning there was no hot water, and water pressure was erratic.

It was, for the price, great value for money. I would come again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Simon C
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night in room 29, amazing view, room was spotlessly clean, lovely relaxed hotel with friendly welcoming staff. Food in the evening and breakfast was good. Great nightlife in the local area will be returning again very soon ..

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leah1973
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I think it must be me but if you treat people politely and courteously, 99 times out of 100 they will reciprocate that's exactly how I found the staff at the Smiths Hotel .
The hotel commands a prime position right on Westons seafront with views of the pier and the islands (Wales on a clear day), I booked for one person and was given a twin, modern and spotless would be a good description. Next morning breakfast was served in a pleasant dining room with pipped music, very grand, plenty of choice with kippers as an option. Overall i'd recommend this hotel to anyone, and Weston looks good even though I managed to come when the fog and the cold was on offer !!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank paulsno1
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We have just stayed at this hotel on a five day coach holiday from Llandudno. We were a mixed bunch of pensioners and a party with special needs. I can only say the owner John and his staff were excellent from start to finish. If any one had a problem with a room it was attended to without delay. The meals were very good, especially the cottage pie. The rooms were very clean. The evening entertainment attracted patrons of other hotels and finished at 11pm to allow guests a peaceful night. My wife and I had visitors one day and we had the lunchtime bar meals. The quality and presentation were excellent. We will definately be visiting again.

Room Tip: We have a preference but that`s our secret.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends