The York Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Queenswood Hotel(Weston-super-Mare)
US$118
The Grand Atlantic Hotel(Weston-super-Mare)
US$153
  • Breakfast included
Lauriston Hotel(Weston-super-Mare)
US$124
  • Beachfront
Premier Inn Weston-Super-Mare East (A370) Hotel(Weston-super-Mare)(Great Value!)
US$85
PremierInn.com
Cabot Court Hotel(Weston-super-Mare)
Harmony Poynt Hotel(Weston-super-Mare)
  • Breakfast included
Commodore Hotel(Kewstoke)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssea frontnational holidaystea and biscuitsfish and chipssunday lunchoverlooking the beachpiping hotevening meallovely hotelsea viewlovely foodpleasant staylovely roommember of stafffull englishgood nights sleepplenty of choice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2013

very basic rooms. decor needs up dating. very noisy from music from the bar and the fans outside. no curtains only tatty window blinds which were hard to use. no carpark we was told we could use a nearby hotel at a cost of 8.50 aday so paid upfront only to find there were no spaces as they had a pay and display machine. so people who didn't stay at either hotel could us it. no remote for tv. shower didn't work and the eletric went of. so glad we had only booked for 2 nights

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank blackmass
Tina G, Manager at The York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you for your review.

Car parking is a extra service for guests & if you had a problem finding a space you should of called the hotel & we would of sorted a space for you straight away.
There are signs under the TV explaining that if you come to reception you can get a remote control for the TV we have unfortunately had to remove the remotes from the rooms due to guests taking them. Did you come & report the shower not working a member of staff would of come to your room & sorted the problem out.
The electric did go off due to a major power cut that affected 216 business along the seafront.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I visited this hotel with 15 other golfers on a one night break. The weather was fantastic full of tourists, holidaymakers and revellers, very lively. First impression of the hotel was very good, location was right by the pier overlooking the sea. I booked into the hotel at reception the lady was very pleasant. The twin room cost in total £88.50 upfront, which included £8.50 for the car which was parked overnight approx 100 yards away in an open car park outside another hotel. My room was on the third floor with a view out the back of the hotel. Very antiquated apart from a modern looking television with no remote! It was my intention to jump straight in the shower as I'd just played a round of golf in the sweltering heat. Unfortunately for me there was no water
pressure so no water coming out of shower! I returned to the beer area, met up with the rest of the golfing party and had a drink. I discovered that we were all staying on the third floor and all of us had the same problems with the showers! Thinking it was only 5pm perhaps the situation will resolve itself later as some hotels put their hot water on
later in day! Returned to my room a few hours later after walk along prom and discovered the same problem with shower! Complained to staff who couldn't sort out the lack of hot water in my room. I was told to use shower in a single room about 25-30 yards down corridor! The shower in this room was boiling hot then stone cold! Later went downstairs to watch Andy Murray semi final and saw Manager. I explained the situation regarding the
shower and I had this vacant, couldn't care less attitude, which in a nutshell meant he couldn't do nothing!! Of course the hotel had my money up front and he stated that there would be no refund other than a few beers over the bar! I informed him that this wasn't good enough and a review on behalf of us 16 golfers will be submitted. He replied, "You can put 18 reviews if you want"
The following morning I again had to use the hot and cold shower in that single room, which was also being used by my golfing friends!
To end a thoroughly disappointing stay I twice ordered coffee with my buffet breakfast and that never arrived! Another case of rip off Britain! Knowing what I know now I wouldn't pay £30 a room never mind nearly £90!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Coedycwm
Tina G, Manager at The York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thank you for review.
With regards to T.V remote controls,we have them for every room in the hotel & we have in place a refundable deposit as guests remove them from the rooms on a regular basis.
With regards to the water issue this was totally out of our hands as there was a water pressure problem in the area which resulted in low pressure problem.
I was the manager onsite & felt very intimidated by a drunken man who was offered a full refund as we had decided that we could not rectify the problem & was going to close the third floor to guests. but he turned down this offer & as a result he felt 2 free drinks for each member of the golf tour (15 guests) would & i quote " make him laugh"

Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night whilst travelling through the west coast. We decided to book a double room at this hotel following our impression on the appearance of the restaurant and bar area, assuming the rest of the hotel was in the same keeping. We were very disappointed when we went up to our room on the third floor, to find how old and unkempt the room was, compared to the entrance of the hotel. The view from our window was of some flats opposite, which had scaffolding and building works going on. We had no curtains to block out the light and the blinds on the windows were broken. The room was not very soundproofed as we could here guests up and down the corridor all night, also there was no remote control for the TV. One of the bed side lamps did not work. And finally, there was an extension lead in the room for extra sockets!!! The only plus side is the hotel is on the sea front and we were able to park our car in a nearby hotel at a low cost.

Room Tip: Don't be fooled by the photograph of room online as they are not the same.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J H
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed there overnight on a golf stag weekend. The room was adequate a family one with a single and double bed. The shower went cold though and wouldn't warm up again after my room mate had used it. All rooms the same on third floor. So had to have a cold one. Not good.
The full English breakfast was very good but was served a little late for us 8.30 - 10. The car park was £5 after 5 and vacating by 10am

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 24 June 2013

we went away for my wifes birthday staff were very friendly and couldnt do enough to help nothing was to much trouble had an evening meal on the saturday it was delicious locality very good on the sea front room not the best we have had but ok for a weekend could do with double glazing and curtains only had blinds in the room couldnt shut the light out at night would deff go back

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple