“Well worth a visit”
Review of The York Hotel

The York Hotel
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed at the York Hotel in August 2013 with my wife and several friends.
Very good service and location with the front of the hotel looking out to sea.
Our room was fine but needed up dating somewhat.
The Hotel share car parking with another hotel some 250 yards away.
Breakfast which was paid extra to the room was also very nice.

Room Tip: Try and get an updated room with sea view
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank johnmover077

Reviewed 15 September 2013

this was a 4 day holiday with national holidays, the location could not have been better, opposite the pier and in front of the shopping centre.the room we had (304) was the woodchip room ,all the walls and the ceiling were covered in various shades of the stuff.couldn`t see out of the windows for the condensation on the inside of the double glazing glass.still it was a small ,comfortable and warm room,clean but in need of modernising and more coat hangers ... should have took our own, only 3 hangers supplied,, we did ask for more but the friendly member of staff we asked thought we were joking, none were supplied .did without..the meals were very good , breakfast a bit chaotic but good grub all the same. entertainment average.would go again if we could stop in a modern room

Room Tip: the front ones on the second floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Just had 2 days at the york in room 308 room was small no views, only scaffolding shower area dirty human hair every where, fittings hanging off , and to top it off a meal of burnt steak never again. And a lump of ply under my mattress very disappointed mr wilson.

Room Tip: Look around first
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drainman63
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I must admit I felt a bit worried about our stay at this hotel from the reviews and correspondence between me and the hotel. After a shaky start we checked into our room. We named it the Harry Potter suite the cupboard under the stairs known as the family room. As I was turning the key in the door I could here raised voices and swearing. Not a good start. Once in the room it was large and clean. So I felt thing where on the up. We had our evening meal booked this was great the food and the service was fantastic our waitress was lovely , if she worked for me I would give her a raise. I think we where lucky as it rained that evening and we where only stopping for one night so the outdoor seating area was empty . I think if this was busy it might be hard to get to sleep as it is right outside the family room. After a good night sleep we woke to a brilliant breakfast . So all in all a lovely stay in a beautiful location over looking the sea. One minus point no hotel parking.

Room Tip: Over looks the sea and pier so worth choosing a sea view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank shazem
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel with a group of friends for a night out in Weston-Super-Mare. Ive got to say this hotel topped off a great weekend.

Positives
-Had a seafront executive room which was clean throughout and very modern compared to most seaside accomodation.
- beds were very comfy and had a great nights sleep
- bathroom was clean, plenty of towells and shower was very powerfull
- 2 minute walk from the central pier and other attractions in WSM
- Staff were all in uniform and very eager to help
- plenty of staff on hand to serve all your needs and throughout the whole day
- I had an evening meal here for just £5.95 and the service and standard of the food was very high.
- breakfast was £4.95 full english plush as much coffee tea toast cerial etc as you wanted .....Bargain.
- eating area was modern and nicely decorated and very clean.
- Bar inside the hotel was stocked with various alcoholic drinks
- Outside bar was brilliant , overlooking the sea with plenty of seating
- only cost £80 to sleep 3 adults ......again bargain.

Negatives
- no lights worked in the bedroom or en-suite??? we could have spoken to the hotel but it was late at night and was we didnt really need them and im sure if we asked they would have been sorted
- no remote for the tv had to get from reception
- Parking was a 50 yards away at a separate hotel, this wasnt a problem but may cause problems for the elderly or with familes with children. There is however a car park directly at the back of the hotel which is £10 for over night

Even though there were a few minor problems that is not enough to put me off giving this hotel 5/5. If you want to visit Weston-super-mare and want a modern hotel, great price , excellent food , friendly and welcoming staff and a good nights sleep....then you should not look at any other hotel than the York hotel. I will be coming back here again for sure.

Room Tip: Choose a premier family room for plenty of space and a seafront view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2013

luckily members of my coach trip to hotel,helped me with the steps ,also staff were more than obliging.Had I been left to my own devices i could not have managed to climb the stairs and carry my walking frame.There was 1 small lift to floors,but nearly all guests on our trip had some mobility problems.One old lady,who was in a wheelchair,was forced to walk up stairs and consequently fell over a doorstep in the doorway,she broke her shoulder.Despite all of this I thoroughly enjoyed my stay,food was average,rooms could have done witth some attention,but for what I paid I cannot grumble.The friendliness of staff and eagerness to help made up for all of bad points.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JakieD2013
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Myself and two friends (all female) stayed here for two nights after initially only booking for one night - managed to book an extra night at short notice although we had to stay in a family room for one night and then the sea view room which we had originally booked. From the minute we checked in the staff were very friendly and helpful. On our first night, the family room was in the basement, but surprisingly had a lot of window light. Ample space, 1 double and 3 single beds with a large bathroom. It wasn't particularly fancy but comfortable and clean. On our 2nd day we moved to room 103 with a sea view.... absolutely lovely! Fabulous views, very comfortable, spacious boutique-style room with a double and a single bed (all the beds were very comfy too!) and a nice bathroom. The transition between rooms was simple. The restaurant and bar by night is very chic and cosy, price of drinks here were the same as everywhere else in Weston. Breakfast was really nice. The beer garden at front of hotel was great to watch the world go by. Food in day wasn't as nice as breakfast though. Hotel is ideally situated and only two minute stroll to the pubs/clubs and pier - I would definitely stay here again without a doubt :-)

• Stayed: August 2013