“Amazing hotel - very highly recommended”
Review of Queenswood Hotel

Queenswood Hotel
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Weston-super-Mare
Reviewed 6 July 2014

If you are considering a stay in Weston - book here. Amazingly attentive service, beautiful modern room, with a brilliant sea view. Nothing is too much trouble for the owner, and I had a fantastic 4 night stay - thank you. I stay away from home a lot, and I can safely say this is THE best breakfast you will ever experience! The ingredients used are outstanding, especially the bacon which is absolutely delicious. Any combination of breakfast can be catered for, and I can honestly say I didnt eat again until the evening - truly superb. The room was immaculate, powerful shower, fluffy clean towels every day and it had a modern, light and airy feel to it. I had 4 excellent undisturbed nights sleep, this is truly home from home and I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. I look forward to returning again in the very near future. Thank you Queenswood Hotel.

Room Tip: There are some superb sea views available.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tramlad

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We love this hotel. It's our second stay and it's lovely in the summer or winter. We stay in room 1 which has a dated bathroom and broken jacuzzi bath yet the view gorgeous balcony and excellent cleanliness make up for it. The whole hotel has a lovely warm relaxed and well kept feel to it. Lovely breakfast with good choices. I have grapefruit and scrambled eggs 10% discount for retuning customers. No brainer! Always worth the journey.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel has the look outside of a Victorian house. It has been nicely painted on the outside recently. Our greeting was muted but polite and no problem. The public area was not to large with a small bar. No hand pulled beers. Our room was a good size and very clean. It seemed to have been refurbished although in a slightly old fashioned way. The bathroom was very modern and well appointed. There seems to have been an effort to bring the hotel into the 21st century and mostly it has worked. We didn't eat in the restaurant but had a very good cooked breakfast served by a lovely and friendly lady. The location is up a short steep hill but close to the seafront and all the amenities you would want. Car parking might be a problem as there is only room for 4 cars although you can park on the street if you can find a space. There is a public car park a short walk away. We were happy with our stay here, it is nothing special but for good clean comfortable accommodation at a reasonable price it was good.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a sea view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Decided to stay at The Queenswood Hotel for one night with a friend because Weston Super Mare is a good mid way meeting place for us. Found it through Groupon and
I honestly don't think I would have chosen a hotel like this if it wasn't for Groupon - usually don't go for the Faulty Towers type place! It's clean, well located and the breakfast was nice but the general service is lacking. I phoned in advance to find out about check in times and parking and really felt like I was unconviencing the person who answered. When we arrived we checked in and were given no directions to our room or what to expect for
breakfast or any mention of the bottle of wine (included in our Groupon deal). We came down for breakfast on the Sunday morning at 9.15am and was told that they would have to check it was still ok to serve breakfast?? My experience is that on a Sunday - breakfast is served later (I certainly don't consider 9am late for Sunday breakfast) and as we hadn't been told anything on check in I assumed this would be ok. As it was we were 'allowed' to have breakfast and that was nice, the waitress was attentive and seemed nice. We then checked out and also mentioned our bottle of wine (which we hadn't had), we were then told that we had to have asked for it at the bar the previous evening?? Even though that was not, again, mentioned on check in. The guy even said 'all we had to do was ask'! I've visited places where you are left feeling very looked after - this made me feel like I was asking for a freebie - it was awkward!

This hotel is 'ok' and I'm glad I paid Groupon price cos I wouldn't have paid more - it could be so much better though. Good customer service costs very little and I felt those little touches were missing :((

Would I go back?...nope!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Just returned from 2night stay at the queens wood hotel Weston super mare great hotel we had room 2 what a fantastic view over Weston super mare very nice room great staff first class breakfast close to town car park what more could you want

Room Tip: Room on the front great views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great value hotel, just a short walk from town centre. Very nice room with comfortable king size bed and excellent shower room. Lovely freshly cooked breakfast with good choice. I would definitely visit again, no problem with parking.

Room Tip: Ask to see rooms if a choice is available
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank C P
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We choose this hotel for a nice one night stay on easter monday. We wanted something quiet and relaxing and thats exactly what we got. We arrived at the hotel around 11am which we knew would be to eary to check in but we parked up, registered and got the keys before heading into town. We were welcomed by Andrew the owner who was very accommodating and helpful and nothing was to much trouble. The room was lovely, a very comfortable bed that i struggled to get out of the next morning as i was so comfortable and snug. Would certainly recommend this hotel for a romantic night away!! Will be returning again soon!! :) -

Room Tip: Room 10 doesn't have much of a view but very quiet!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple