“Fabulous Food”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Mendip Hills Somerset
“Fabulous Food”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We love indian food so took a chance visit to this restaurant the first time and have kept returning its so good. Excellent service, splendid food, best curry I have had anywhere, friendly manager who makes people really welcome. Definitely the best in the south west.

Visited June 2013
5 Thank Tigi_Higgins

Rowley Regis, United Kingdom
“Great meal and great value”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Visited on a Sunday evening with our two kids. Took advantage of the 9.95 GBP 4-course meal deal and were impressed that you could choose pretty much anything from the menu for everything but the starters. The food was delicious, everything was well cooked and our only complaint (if you can call it that) was that the keema and cheese naan bread was a little too cheesy!

Throughout our meal the staff were some of the friendliest and hospitable we've found in indian restaurants and they really made a fuss of our children, bringing them complimentary drinks and ice cream. The owner came over and had a chat to us about how importantly he valued family life which I found to be really nice.

Weston itself isn't the nicest seaside resort, but we'll certainly be returning, just to visit the Bengal Raj!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Matthew R
Bristol, United Kingdom
“I love this place!!”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I really have a soft spot for this place, it might be because its just down the road from where I live and I've visited so many times, but there is always a really good atmosphere inside. The waiters are really friendly and funny and make the meal into a really good experience. There is also nice authentic Indian decor and sitar music in the background. The food is excellent. I am not too keen on spicy food, and normally go for a korma, which can taste like a dessert sometimes, but their korma hydrabaddy is my favourite curry ever, full of flavour but not too creamy and sweet. I just love place, also excellent value for money.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank iancharmaine
Weston-super-Mare, England, United Kingdom
“Fab Indian restaurant in Weston”
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

The Bengal Raj is probably the best Indian in Weston Super Mare!
On a Sunday + Thursday they do a 4 course special (starter, any main, any side and either rice or naan bread). It is only £9.95 and is amazing value! The service is normally very prompt and friendly!
They remember your face and ask after you when you go again.
The wine is reasonable and very drinkable, as is the beer.
It is a lovely night out and you leave there very full and content!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Hayley D
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good value, nice place, recommended”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We went on a deal night where you get a starter, main rice, naan or side for £10. Great value, lovely food, funny waiter made us laugh alot. Only thing I wasn't keen on was the lack of lighting, I know its romantic and nice but was very dark, maybe 2 candles per table would have suited better.
Otherwise highly recommended for good eating, good value, nice staff and a enjoyable pleasant evening.

Visited February 2013