“Grand Pier just reopened - Wowzer!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Pier

Grand Pier
More attraction details
Owner description: Following the disastrous fire in July 2008 that destroyed the Pavilion at Weston-super-Mare’s top attraction, The new multi-million pound Pavilion, opened its doors in October 2010. The all-weather venue has fantastic views of the shoreline, beach and sea and inside you will discover some of the best coastal entertainment, rides & attractions the South West has to offer.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Grand Pier just reopened - Wowzer!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2010

I went on the Grand Pier the day after it opened (After the fire of 2008) - it has been completely rebuilt and is now almost like a mini indoor theme park. It was very busy indeed but this was a unique time and things will settle down to normal soon.

Basically the new owners have done a truly fantastic job. The rides look fabulous, and there is a good range of things to do there! I was pleased to see some of the old traditional machines like you would expect to see on a pier as well (Such as dodgems, Air Hockey, slot machines etc)

But now this place has so much more going for it as well. It has a laser maze, brand new ghost train, 4D cinema, a Karting track (set over 2 floors, and cost a million pounds to build) and much more, plus a good selection of food outlets.

Talking about the food outlets, they looked of good quality and I especially liked the look of the Tiffany Room at the back of the pier. Its a delightful spot to check out! There is also an old style pub on the pier and this looks very nice too (I like the look of the open air part of it, which sensibly has a cover in case of bad weather too)

Another bonus, I believe the pier will now be open all year round, not just the summer months like before (There is a covered walkway to protect from bad weather)

The pier is free to walk onto and is a lovely place just to go for a walk. In summary I think there is something there for everyone and its a great place to visit !

I feel I am very lucky as I live locally and the pier is just a walk away!

Adrian

5 Thank AdrianCollins

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Weston-Super-Mere
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The Grand Pier will always be the best tourist attraction nothing compares to it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2010

The Grand Pier is easy to fall in love with! No other tourist attraction compares to the Grand Pier! It stole our hearts! I've always being a huge fan of the Grand Pier. Ever since the first time I visited Weston and the Grand Pier it was straight away my favourite place to be on holiday. Weston was the first place where I ever stood on sand and I can remember going on that postman pat ride when I was 4. The Grand Pier is for all ages and i couden't recommend strongly enough how beuatiful the Grand Pier and Weston is! It is one of the places you must visit in your lifetime. The Grand Pier and Weston-Super-Mere are very easy to fall in love with! The Grand Pier is for all ages which is brilliant! There is somthing for everyone at the Grand Pier and personally I think the Grand Pier is the best tourist attraction atleast in the UK!

3 Thank TheReviewer95
plymouth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Down Memory Lane”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2009

What super memories of the Grand Pier from our time in Weston Super Mare, My two young children always enjoyed a visit to the pier, a ride on the train if they were tired, and the delights of the various rides. My favourite was the "Beat the Clock" Ball game, my skill honed after numerous attempts. I would love to see a modern version of this game on the new pier please? We enjoyed an ice-cream before going home and spent many happy times there. it was devastating to see the fire damage, but Weston is a lovely place and the new pier will be a credit to its owners. We will definitely be there on the re-opening day to welcome back an old friend! The Starr Family.

4 Thank sootystar