“Lovely Regency hotel with sea views, but no parking”
Review of Cabot Court Hotel

and 1 more site!
Cabot Court Hotel
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Weston-super-Mare
Reviewed 1 July 2013

For various reasons I ended up spending the night of my birthday in a hotel in Weston super Mare, so needed to book something fairly last-minute.

Liked the look of the Cabot Court and we weren't disappointed - once we'd recovered from the walk from the nearest public car park. The only real downside of this hotel was that lack of parking - there are nominally a few parking spaces at the rear, but it looks like they belong to the hotel next door, as does the hotel entrance actually which was a bit confusing (you don't enter the hotel via the main Wetherspoon's entrance). There isn't even any apparent drop-off point outside the hotel, so I couldn't even drop of my partner with our luggage - it all had to be dragged from the public car park which we eventually found.

The receptionist was very friendly and welcoming, so check-in was a breeze. She did worry us by pointing out that it was Saturday night, so they would be having live music until 2am in the pub downstairs, plus we could expect noisy drunk people outside after that! In the event, we had an uninterrupted night's sleep even though we slept with the window open.

This is a Grade 2 listed Regency building, and the room did not disappoint. Lovely comfortable bed, a sea view towards the pier and an en-suite in an excellent state. Our only disappointment was that we didn't have time to enjoy breakfast in the morning (not included in the price but you get a 20% off voucher) as we had to get back to the car park before our ticket expired. If you've eaten at a Weatherspoon's you'll know what to expect - not exactly haute cuisine, but reasonably priced and of a perfectly acceptable quality. Just one thing - wish they would charge a little bit more for their Lavazza cappuccino so they could afford to actually make it taste of coffee!

1  Thank Dr_Paul_UK

Reviewed 26 June 2013

A pleasant Wetherspoons hotel but let down by a lack of parking.
The receptionist was very personable, helpful and polite. She pointed out where the lift was and gave us a map of where there was parking available in the town.

The room was clean but quite small. the bathroom was small but very clean. The tea and coffee are was well stocked.
The eating are is quite up and down divided into areas with many small flights of steps.
As usual there is the problem as a non smoker of most of the doors and windows being opened and so the smell of smoking permeates the eating and drinking areas. The plates and cutlery clean , food good.
We had room 201 which had a bright green light situated in such a way that it shone directly onto the pillow area of the bed. I could read by it. When we told the receptionist at checking out we were told that it had to be there due to fire regulations . This is the first time we have EVER had this . Also that other people had mentioned it.

Room Tip: Room 201 has a VERY bright green light situated almost above the pillow are of the bed. It is also w...
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We did not stay in at the hotel, but ate as we were staying in a B&B just up the road, the service, food and especially the staff are so friendly and cheerful, full marks to all concerned.
Perhaps the staff at Wetherspoons in Street should pay a visit, as my partner and I visited there recently on a Sunday for lunch, the pub was not busy, I waited 25 mins to be served, so we walked out and went for lunch in Cabots Court in Weston, and got served in within minutes of entering.
Please take note Tim Martin, you should be proud of your staff at Cabots Court, Weston super Mare.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jeremy w
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I booked a two night stay by telephone for myself and my husband on arrival the receptionist was very friendly in booking us in and said we have upgraded you to a superior room and we have live music tonight and Saturday night, at the time I thought that would be nice, we had come with two friends so waited for them to check in and went to our rooms, it was a lovely room with views along the promenade.
We all wondered about and came back to the hotel for our evening meal which again very pleasant, and helpful staff the meal was excellent. My friend and I decided we would have an early night and leave the men to have a drink, so we went up around 11am. well I just can not explain the noise, it was the base of the music bouncing off the walls this went on until 2am, my head was pounding I felt ill and a ponding head. the next morning I spoke the manageress and said could she move me, apparently this room was noted for the noise, and I should have booked a quiet room when I booked also the girl who took the booking should have told me about the noise. Now remember they had upgraded me to this room? I don't think I have ever telephoned a hotel and had to ask for a quiet room. They had no more rooms to offer me, the manageress phoned around and got me a room across the road, so at least she was good enough to do that. I have to say the room were excellent the staff very friendly but everyone booking at this hotel STAY CLEAR OF ROOM 208 never would I stay at this hotel again and take the risk of them upgrading me to the noisiest room in the hotel.

Room Tip: Do not book room 208 the noisiest room in the hotel on the second floor and right underneath the roo...
1  Thank mitzy1234
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Like the title we didn't stay at the hotel, we stayed 2 mins up the road at Highlea, as I can't find anywhere just to review the Wetherspoons part I shall assume we are meant to include it here..
We called in to eat and my fiance ordered the large mixed grill and I wanted to order a Gourmet Beef Burger but was told they had ran out of burgers, then chose a BBQ Chicken Melt which was available and tried to order a pint of Stowford Press and they were out of that also.
Sat at our table opposite the bar upstairs, I had to sewap places with my fiance as they had a flickering spot light that would probably cause a migraine! When the food arrived it looked lovely.. My fiance really enjoyed his even had to share with me as his eyes were bigger than his belly! :) My chicken was tasty but a tad tough on the bottom, had real difficulty cutting and chewing it.
Had belgian waffle, maple syrup and ice cream for pud and it was delicious! After we ordered a Cocktail pitcher and went to sit outside, the view of the beach was lovely and it was a warm evening so the staff kept coming out in 3's to 'get some air' one lad started sitting at a bench and reading a paper that a customer had left and the 2 girls were very loud in telling everyone how they were taking any chance they got to escape the building! A bit unprofessional.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank KayB1
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We had been staying in a b and b in Burnham and drove into western on our last day,we didn't want the holiday to end so we looked around,we spotted the Cabot and inquired about stasyingv just one night,no problem,we booked a twin as it was all they had left,the reception asked if we wanted to put the beds together, we said if it was no trouble then yes,we were directed up to our room,203 it was lovely,clean,spacious, they had put the beds together shower gel hand wash,t coffee biscuits hairdryer all included you could not have asked for more,friendly staff ,would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: We had no choice as all booked room 203 on the side of hotel with views of the sea front,no noise pr...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank larky0203
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night during whitsun week. I requested family room 302 as I was travelling with my brother & we both had our own double room separated by a corridor. the rooms were spotless and views across each side of the bar stunning. the location was good within easy access of the town & dragon kiss buffet restaurant where we ate. was a bit concerned bout parking after reading some reviews on here but it was no problem at all - The Royal Hotel round the corner has loads of space and its £12 for 24 hrs. **pay the extra and stay in room 302***

• Stayed: May 2013