“A Trip Back to the Late 70s / Early 80s With Great Food”
Review of The Regent

The Regent
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I visited the restaurant with my wife after previously being impressed with their takeaway food on a previous occasion.

My wife ordered battered cod, chips and beans. I had a full English breakfast. Both dishes were cooked fresh, and when they came were piping hot.

The all day breakfast was huge, consisting of 2 rashers of bacon, a pile of mushrooms, 2 slices of fried bread, 2 eggs, 2 sausages, a load of baked beans and a fried tomato. The addition of black pudding and perhaps some chips would have been nice, but it was an extremely sizeable portion.

My wife's fish, chips and beans were equally impressive - loads of food and freshly cooked.

Both of us were impressed with the baked beans and the tea. Many places serve cheap rubbish, but these were really decent - A really thick sauce and lots of flavour. As for the tea, it's one of the only places I've been to where the girl serving asked me if the tea was too strong or not strong enough after she'd poured it.

Some reviews criticise the decor of the place, but we absolutely loved it. The place looks like somewhere out of the late 1970s / early 1980s. Sure, it looks a little worn, but it was clean, and was full of character. The only things missing were a Space Invaders machine in the corner and some 80s cheese playing in the background.

My wife and I will definitely be going back.

1  Thank SabreWulf

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The window sill we were sat by was thick with dirt as was the floor which isn't great to see when you are about to eat :/.......I'm not a snob but I do draw the line when there's dirty cutlery just lying on the floor and staff are miserable!!.....mind you I don't think I'd be too happy if I were working here!!....me my husband and our son ordered food and waited for it to arrive......I wish now that it never did it was cold the potatoes tasted watery and I decided to sterilise the cutlery with vinegar because I was too scared to use it as it was so dirty!!......this was the first and last time we will ever enter this place in our lifetime I can assure you!!.......very disappointed!!!

3  Thank Tc4721
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Went here with my family for breakfast and was met with total disdain and contempt.

Not one of the staff could bring themselves to say good morning and after waiting to be acknowledged for at least 5 minutes at the counter whilst the person behind was chopping mushrooms he finally said “right then” I took this as my cue to order however without any eye contact or acknowledgment I wasn’t sure.

I proceeded to ask for eggs bacon beans and sausage, to be cut off mid sentence with the words ”a full breakfast then”

I said no I don’t want tomatoes and can I have toast instead of fried bread. The reply was

” its breakfast, you have to order toast separately”.

Not wanting to make a fuss with my family hungry I ordered the 4 breakfasts, 4 toasts and 4 cups of tea.

Apparently Tea isn’t included with the price of the full breakfast and the total cost for 4 breakfasts was £35.

We could have had all you can eat, children for free at the Premier inn for a total cost of £17. However we wanted to experience the real Weston. Well if this is the real Weston than you can keep it.

The food arrived, toast was burnt, rest of it was cold, and crockery was dirty.

It could have been all so different with a little customer care and appreciation for those choosing to spend their hard earned money in this establishment.

May I suggest if visiting Weston you give this place a wide birth as let’s face it there are many better more courteous, cleaner places to eat than this.

5  Thank fragglekid7 .
Reviewed 19 April 2014

What a mistake.

Dirty floor, tables, condiments and dishes. The waitresses had filthy clothes on and there was a beetle in the coffee. NO WAY was my Pepsi anything more than 'rola cola'.

And how long had the self service sausage rolls (and other food) been under the heat lamps?

There are some rough places in Weston but this has to be the worst!!

5  Thank Gaynor O
Reviewed 13 April 2014

There is no doubt that this establishment needs a makeover, the decor and furniture are truly shabby. They should also invest in a better deep fat fryer that can cook chips to a decent standard. The service however was actually quite friendly, they had run out of spaghetti, which my 6-year old daughter had wanted. She was most upset but the man at the counter made an effort to speak to my daughter on her level offering alternatives thus averting a major strop!! The young lady serving the drinks gave excellent service with a smile and offered to carry my tray having noticed that my hands were full.

1  Thank Justinmoor