“dated .basic food”

Dining options: Breakfast
wiltshire
“dated .basic food”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Asked for chicken salad.was ok.lifetimes on what was on plate.No imagination.letting cc e cucumber.small tomato! Lady on next table had chicken salad but with lots more on plate.hubby fish and chips were overcooked.yuk.the seats and decor were a throw back from the 70s.so much on the counters you couldn't see what was what.No menus on tables,you had to choose from board above order counter.got in everybody's way.would never go back.stay away.

• Visited June 2014

Nottinghamshire
“Has to be the worst food in Weston-super-Mare”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We went for a meal here as the best chippy, the one on the front corner opposite the pier, as always, had a queue a mile long, so we decided to try a sit down restaurant and sadly we chose to go into The Regent my wife asked for haddock and chips, No haddock only cod! she was told in a very unfriendly tone of voice, OK then cod and chips and peas and chips please which received a grunt, when she told me I said you should have walked away and we would have gone to another fish shop but she said I was going to but we are both hungry so I let it go. When the food arrived it was absolutely disgusting the chips were luke warm and had definitely been re-heated the taste was atrocious the batter was only half cooked and the fish which they said was cod tasted nothing like cod, between us we ate 3 chips and a bit of the fish whatever it was and walked out, you could see from the state of the place the staff were not going to give a dam so no point in complaining. Voted with our feet and didn't go back.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Amanda L
Taunton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice but not helpfull”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I visited The Regent today for breakfast. The restaurant was a bit dated and grubby, but had an alright atmosphere. I wanted a bacon sandwich but there was no menus to be seen so I had to ask, which the staff had trouble knowing the price. After ordering I noticed a menu in the most darkest corner of the café which wasn't very clear. The food itself was nice and other meals did look nice too but they took a bit long cooking. Quite an expensive place as well, not the sort of place for families for lunch or tea. Nice if your on your own for breakfast, just a bit expensive! (I did find another menu outside on the wall, helpful if raining :/ )

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mr_Knobbins
Bristol
“A Trip Back to the Late 70s / Early 80s With Great Food”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I visited the restaurant with my wife after previously being impressed with their takeaway food on a previous occasion.

My wife ordered battered cod, chips and beans. I had a full English breakfast. Both dishes were cooked fresh, and when they came were piping hot.

The all day breakfast was huge, consisting of 2 rashers of bacon, a pile of mushrooms, 2 slices of fried bread, 2 eggs, 2 sausages, a load of baked beans and a fried tomato. The addition of black pudding and perhaps some chips would have been nice, but it was an extremely sizeable portion.

My wife's fish, chips and beans were equally impressive - loads of food and freshly cooked.

Both of us were impressed with the baked beans and the tea. Many places serve cheap rubbish, but these were really decent - A really thick sauce and lots of flavour. As for the tea, it's one of the only places I've been to where the girl serving asked me if the tea was too strong or not strong enough after she'd poured it.

Some reviews criticise the decor of the place, but we absolutely loved it. The place looks like somewhere out of the late 1970s / early 1980s. Sure, it looks a little worn, but it was clean, and was full of character. The only things missing were a Space Invaders machine in the corner and some 80s cheese playing in the background.

My wife and I will definitely be going back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank SabreWulf
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Dirty place horrid food!!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The window sill we were sat by was thick with dirt as was the floor which isn't great to see when you are about to eat :/.......I'm not a snob but I do draw the line when there's dirty cutlery just lying on the floor and staff are miserable!!.....mind you I don't think I'd be too happy if I were working here!!....me my husband and our son ordered food and waited for it to arrive......I wish now that it never did it was cold the potatoes tasted watery and I decided to sterilise the cutlery with vinegar because I was too scared to use it as it was so dirty!!......this was the first and last time we will ever enter this place in our lifetime I can assure you!!.......very disappointed!!!

• Visited April 2014