“Absolutely fantastic place!!”

The Regent
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

On arriving in Weston super mare for the weekend myself, my friend and our 4 children stumbled across this little gem.
We were drawn to the American diner look, and the wide choice of home cooked meals.
We were greeted by smiling happy staff who couldn't do enough for us. The food was piping hot and really tasty.
We decided to try breakfast the following morning, we were not disappointed... Huge portions and all pipping hot again. The staff always asked if we needed anything, and was everything ok?
We returned to eat that evening and twice the following day.
Andreas the owner is a great bloke who works really hard to make this place a success.
I can't fault the Regent one bit, it's clean, tidy and the food is fantastic.
I for one will be heading straight there next time I'm in Weston.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Asked for chicken salad.was ok.lifetimes on what was on plate.No imagination.letting cc e cucumber.small tomato! Lady on next table had chicken salad but with lots more on plate.hubby fish and chips were overcooked.yuk.the seats and decor were a throw back from the 70s.so much on the counters you couldn't see what was what.No menus on tables,you had to choose from board above order counter.got in everybody's way.would never go back.stay away.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We went for a meal here as the best chippy, the one on the front corner opposite the pier, as always, had a queue a mile long, so we decided to try a sit down restaurant and sadly we chose to go into The Regent my wife asked for haddock and chips, No haddock only cod! she was told in a very unfriendly tone of voice, OK then cod and chips and peas and chips please which received a grunt, when she told me I said you should have walked away and we would have gone to another fish shop but she said I was going to but we are both hungry so I let it go. When the food arrived it was absolutely disgusting the chips were luke warm and had definitely been re-heated the taste was atrocious the batter was only half cooked and the fish which they said was cod tasted nothing like cod, between us we ate 3 chips and a bit of the fish whatever it was and walked out, you could see from the state of the place the staff were not going to give a dam so no point in complaining. Voted with our feet and didn't go back.

2  Thank Amanda L
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I visited The Regent today for breakfast. The restaurant was a bit dated and grubby, but had an alright atmosphere. I wanted a bacon sandwich but there was no menus to be seen so I had to ask, which the staff had trouble knowing the price. After ordering I noticed a menu in the most darkest corner of the café which wasn't very clear. The food itself was nice and other meals did look nice too but they took a bit long cooking. Quite an expensive place as well, not the sort of place for families for lunch or tea. Nice if your on your own for breakfast, just a bit expensive! (I did find another menu outside on the wall, helpful if raining :/ )

1  Thank Mr_Knobbins
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I visited the restaurant with my wife after previously being impressed with their takeaway food on a previous occasion.

My wife ordered battered cod, chips and beans. I had a full English breakfast. Both dishes were cooked fresh, and when they came were piping hot.

The all day breakfast was huge, consisting of 2 rashers of bacon, a pile of mushrooms, 2 slices of fried bread, 2 eggs, 2 sausages, a load of baked beans and a fried tomato. The addition of black pudding and perhaps some chips would have been nice, but it was an extremely sizeable portion.

My wife's fish, chips and beans were equally impressive - loads of food and freshly cooked.

Both of us were impressed with the baked beans and the tea. Many places serve cheap rubbish, but these were really decent - A really thick sauce and lots of flavour. As for the tea, it's one of the only places I've been to where the girl serving asked me if the tea was too strong or not strong enough after she'd poured it.

Some reviews criticise the decor of the place, but we absolutely loved it. The place looks like somewhere out of the late 1970s / early 1980s. Sure, it looks a little worn, but it was clean, and was full of character. The only things missing were a Space Invaders machine in the corner and some 80s cheese playing in the background.

My wife and I will definitely be going back.

1  Thank SabreWulf