“Loved It!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Oxford Corner

Oxford Corner
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Post code: BS23 1AY
Cirencester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved It!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

You may look to walk past the Oxford Corner, being drawn towards the busier Fish and Chip Restaurant across the road, but please don't or you'll miss out on a treat. I went in there at lunchtime today with my 20 yr old daughter and 8 yr son for a fish and chip special :) Greeted with a warm welcome, very polite staff, order taken and food cooked "fresh" and my oh my you can taste the difference, these people know what they're doing! I don't know the story behind this place, but the impression is of a family run restaurant where everyone is doing their bit, the decor harks back to my childhood in the 1970's, maybe even further back still... So charming. I paid £6.50 for a cod and chip special - chip, peas, bread & butter, cup of tea. Compared to the muck that's served at McDonalds that so many happily dish out the best part of 6 quid for, the value for money here is remarkable. Children's menu was brilliant too with generous portions. I'll be back to visit on my next day trip to Weston. I wish every town had a place like this. I wish them well and hope they'll be there for many many more years yet. Thanks.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sirenbell

“Fantastic food, great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We only planned going here for one night but ended up going for 5 consecutive nights, which was the total of our stay.

Brilliant homemade food at fantastic prices, great choice, freshly prepared by courteous staff.

The home made steak and kidney pie was just beautiful and the portions were like your Mom used to give you.

If you are staying in Weston and are hungry than you must try this restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
Thank fragglekid7 .
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
“You must visit this restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

This has now become our local restaurant, and although it may not be the prettiest, it is certainly the tastiest, which is why if you take the time to go inside and try the food, you won't be disappointed. Certainly the fish and chip special is extremely good value and the one meal we tend to have on most visits. But we also enjoy just popping in for a cup of tea and a toasted tea cake ( which thankfully doesn't have peel in them) They even keep decaf tea which is hard to find even in the larger restaurants or cafes and much appreciated. The whole family and staff are very friendly and value the diners who use their restaurant. Because of everything I have written about, I always recommend my guests to eat here and not one has ever come back disappointed.
Thanks
SPENCER GUEST HOUSE.

• Visited March 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Just the ticket after a day shopping”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

My wife and I now use Oxford Corner whenever we have had a day in Weston-Super-Mare.
Their offer of fish, chips, peas, bread & butter and a cup of tea for £6.75 is excellent value for money. Everything is cooked to order and presented by very friendly staff. I would also recommend a glass of lager (extra). It is kept in perfect condition. They also have a very extensive menu, much of which we haven't tried, but if the fish & chip supper is anything to go by it would be very good.
I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone, particularly day trippers to Weston and it is right opposite the pier.

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“been there a few times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

My Wife and I been going there for about 5years each time the food gets more scrumptious . We have got to know them over the years, very friendly and the staff, that why we always go back to -Oxford Corner at about three times a year..hope all at the restaurant have a good 2014.should have done review before I went to New York,,

• Visited November 2013