“Excellent except for parking ........”

Premier Inn Weston-Super-Mare (Seafront) Hotel
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Weston-super-Mare
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was going to give this hotel an excellent rating, but decided to reduce it because of the parking situation.
First of all, the many positives:
My room on the 4th floor was great - quiet, clean and typical of a Premier Inn. In my experience, all of the cleaners in this hotel chain do a fantastic job.
The staff are great, especially in the attached restaurant, and the quality of the breakfast was first class.
But unfortunately the recommended parking (which is a pay-and-display car park in the same street) is excessively expensive at £10 a day. Yes, you can park for £4 overnight as a hotel guest, but this cheap rate starts too late at 18.00 (why not 17.00?) and ends at 09.30. There is no free parking nearby. Plus the pay machines don't take debit or credit cards, just cash - and this is a brand new car park, so why no cards?
Anyway, I loved the hotel which was perfectly located for visiting my cousin.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Simon H

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed four nights at this hotel. I had a very nice sea view room. It was clean and comfortable and good value for money. I didn't mind the parking situation as I was only there at night and parked in the multi storey. I was unaware of a lone female guest policy so don't know if I was accommodated or not. Being alone, I did have difficulties in the restaurant. I didn't find the staff there very polished and at times they were off hand to the point of almost rudeness. Having to decide what I wanted for breakfast before being seated was off putting. Once I lost my table when I went to place and order and hadn't left anything there to show it was taken. The second time, I lost my breakfast when I went to get more coffee. It was just cleared away. More care and notice is needed. Also having waitress service to top up coffee would be nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Had a 2 night stay at this new hotel. Staff all very friendly and helpful. Room very nice, a good size. Decor, bathroom, bed and linen all spotless. Think the sound proofing in the rooms is extremely good, probably the first time I have not been woken by other guests opening and closing doors, loos flushing etc. Hotel is in a great spot for the seafront and the town. Breakfast in the Brewers Fayre (attached to hotel) is good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Very clean and tidy room friendly staff and the eat as much as you want breakfast was superb .... easy to walk into town centre and pier good value the only downside was trying to park the carparks only let you park for up to 6 hours in day time so moved the car a couple of blocks away and street parked not ideal but worked better than paying £14 maybe they could get you a ticket that allows you to park and leave your car without keep on going back to feed a meter would recommend this to anyone !

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2013

New hotel on the seafront with sea views from some bedrooms. The hotel's lone female guest policy was explained on arrival. The bedroom was clean, fresh with a very comfortable bed and a sofa. The en suite was extremely clean. The public areas of the hotel were also extremely clean and well looked after by very knowledgeable staff. The breakfast was very good and included porridge! The waitress was very friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2013

New hotel, so rooms nice and clean, heater works, so nice and warm. Large number of rooms with sea view, which is a bonus, and if its quiet enough you can hear the waves lapping the shoreline, which is always nice as you drift off to sleep in the comfortable bed.
Couple of warnings though:
1, Beware the Beefeater. Food is pretty poor, best go and find yourself a takeaway. 'Burger Buffet' looked too horrific for words!
2, NO free parking. Parking is the multi-story pay and display opposite. £4 sees you ok for the night if you arrive after 6pm and depart before 0930am. However as your check in rules run from 2pm until midday, you wii get either caught or stung! The hotel and local council are unapologetic about the situation. You have been warned. Felt cheated this morning! Big Minus Premier Inn, sort it out!
3, No staff around to take the flak when I left this morning, little wonder!

Room Tip: ask for sea view. Other rooms look over a building site.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We have stayed at may Premier Inns. However, we were disappointed with a number of things:
1) the day before we received an email informing us that the parking was local council and quite hefty charges. On arrival, we found 24hours was £10 but Premier Inn customers could pay £4 from 6.00pm to 9.30am next day (who wants to rush out feeding a meter?) This mounts up if you stay a few nights. In fact my husband tried to buy the overnight discount rate and he ended up paying £10 again.
2) We sent an email requesting some information and preferances but this wasn`t read until we pointed it out to receptionist after we checked in and saw the location of the room, however, she then did her best to change our room and answer our questions etc.
3) The first night was a buffet only, fish, sausage, chicken goujons, little pies and chips which wasn`t bad. The second night was different types of chicken buffet but we chose off the main menu... gammon. The chips came cold and was sent back, we thought they had been taken off the buffet ad had been there quite a tiem. The second plate came with raw chips included in cooked chips which we pointed out straight away and they refunded the cost and free dessert but what a shame as this spoilt our evening.

Perhaps being such a big inn, has meant that standards are slipping or corners cut, either nationally or local level we were not sure but it was definately not up to usual standard. Not a premier Inn to be used again despite the location.

Room Tip: Fourth floor rooms 421, 423, 425 face the sea. Although with high winds the cladding outside was fla...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple