“Food is superb”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We have been visiting this restaurant for over 15 years, the food has always been fantastic. The barbecue crispy lamb and crispy beef in chilli in particular are to die for. Only thing we would say is that the place is overdue for re-decorating, not changed much at all in the last 10 years or so. Other than that we can highly recommend if you like good chinese food :)

Reviewed 12 December 2013

A group of us went there for our christmas meal and food was fab, we all had the eat as much as you like buffet at £15.95 each, it may seem expensive, but you get so much food its very good value for money, they start with a selection of delicious appetizers which they will bring more of if you want, then you get crispy aromatic lamb, as much of it as you want, then they will bring a large selection of mains, or you can choice what you want and they will bring as much as you like. All the food was delicious and perfectly prepared, if they can cope so well with a big group then its definitely a restaurant i will recommend.

1  Thank RachelsFood2013
Reviewed 25 November 2013

if you appreciate oriental quisine a visit to the sea palace is a must from the moment you enter the plush premises you receive wonderfull service accompanied by an excellent menu of mouth watering quality.a must try for a couple is the set menu :D:

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Yes, another visit to one of my favourite restaurants. This one the Sea Palace is without doubt my fist choice for a luncheon when I fancy Chinese cuisine.
My wife and I are always made welcome and generally sit in the same area, no hesitation to be presented with a menu although by now our likes/choices here are known. No waiting between courses but at busy times naturally the wait is minimal.
Once again the meal was fantastic - I know what I like! My wife too, and so we did enjoy our meal there once more and will continue to have lunch there in the future.
I have learned that since the Restaurant is open all week and at weekends, the Restaurant is closed on Monday lunchtimes and Monday evenings too for respite and ordering stock as well.
Thanks to Sharon and the Chef for great service and we will be back shortly.
RECOMMEND: Oh YES! Inexpensive and the food is very tasty indeed.

ILOVEMYFOOD.

2  Thank John B
Reviewed 24 September 2013

When we arrived the restaurant was empty but as the evening progressed it filled up. At the start service was attentive but as the number of people increased the service was a touch slow as there were not enough staff to cope with the volume of customers.

However the food was excellent and the slowish service towards the end of our meal did not spoil our evening. The food really was very good.

Nice surroundings