“Just back from the Seafarers”
Review of The Seafarers

The Seafarers
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just back from a weekend in Weston staying with my wife at the Seafarers in their top floor apartment. I can only emphasise and agree with all previous reviews. Location was excellent, free parking, free Wi-Fi, a welcome pack with everything you could need, and all in all a very comfortable and relaxing stay. I was in Weston for an event and in the down times I had, it was great to be able to go back and chill out in our own personal space, so much better than being in a hotel. The next time I go to Weston, I will make sure we book this place early again. Thank you, Francesca, for your hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil C

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Made very welcome on arrival by the owner, The rooms are spacious and the bed very comfortable.
The hotel is situated close to the seafront and all amenities ( closer than the map suggests actually ) but is still quiet at night.
The welcome pack in the room was excellent. It included a full bottle of wine, chocolates, fresh bread, milk and orange juice. Fresh fruit, yoghurts and fruit salads. All the coffee tea and sugar you needed as well as toiletries.
The free parking is a definite plus as parking in the town is £7.00 a day.
There is free and reasonably fast Wi-Fi and a decent TV signal.
The seafarers apartments are a pleasant change from a standard hotel and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The Seafarers was excellent. The family who own it could not be more friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The welcome pack is superb. First class and will be returning soon. 5 Stars. The hotel is a 5 min walk to the front and all the attractions.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Seafarers for 4 nights in 12B which is the studio apartment.

The studio size was fine for the two of us. The room had a double bed, sofa, kitchen (in the corner of the room) and a separate bathroom with a shower over the bath. There was also a tv, DVD player, alarm clock, radio etc... Plus more, I won't go on!! Basically EVERYTHING you could possibly need :)

Francesca and family were very welcoming. from the moment we arrived we felt very comfortable. The welcome pack was an added bonus... Lovely bottle of wine, bread, butter, jam, milk etc. It covered our brekkie for the whole 4 day stay!

The location is fab. 3 minute walk to the seafront and about 5 minute walk to the main shopping street.

We had a great holiday, thank you Seafarers! Sara & Ken xx

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank SaraGilpin
Frannyday12, Owner at The Seafarers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Hiya - I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and it was lovely to meet you both. I expect the bed was a bit more comfortable than the tent hopefully!!!! We are finding that the breakfast welcome pack and the extras are going down a treat with the guests now - our aim really is to make sure you have a great stay and feel that you are getting value for money. Hope to see you both again one day soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed at Seafarers for a weekend, a return for me to my home town that I left more than 25 years ago. The apartment is conveniently located for the seafront and town centre, within easy reach of bars and restaurants, the beach and Grand Pier. It was well equipped, tastefully decorated, comfortable and clean, and Francesca made us feel very welcome. Can't recommend highly enough.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Frannyday12, Manager at The Seafarers, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for your lovely review as it means so much to us as we are always striving to make our guests feel welcome and relaxed. We are trying to provide as much as we can for our guests, the apartments do need a bit of tlc and we are currently trying to plan in a date for refurbishment towards the end of the year. Each guest is important to us and I know some people can be sceptical about staying in a smaller establishment but that's where we can offer the more personal touches without being too OTT! Look forward to seeing you again and the flowers are still looking beautiful. Thank you :)

Reviewed 23 May 2014

The last time I stayed at The Seafarers it was a B and B, and a very good one. It has now been converted to self-catering apartments, very spacious and clean. There was a complimentary welcome pack which covered my breakfasts for the 3 days of my stay. The pack included a bottle of wine, Pinot Grigio, my favourite, how did they do that? Very friendly and helpful, I was afforded access to a large refrigerator to store some food that I was transporting from Cornwall.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Frannyday12, Owner at The Seafarers, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

It was lovely to see you again after all these years. We have diverted away from the traditional B & B but still try to offer our guests a lovely alternative with the welcome packs and I am always introducing new items to try and make them more exclusive. Look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Having just found a job in the area, I stayed in the Seafarers lovely top floor apartment for several nights each week for a few months before Christmas at a very sensible rate.
It was truly a real home from home and Francesca and her family were friendly and very helpful whilst never intruding on your privacy. It was scrupulously clean and the fresh, crisp linen was wonderful. I could not recommend it more highly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank shelaghtheresa
Frannyday12, Manager at The Seafarers, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you so much for the review, it is extremely helpful to know that we are able to provide accommodation to our business guest as well as the leisure guest. I am always trying to find ways to improve what we offer and to get feed back is invaluable. I have made a few changes since you stayed - we managed to find time to do a little painting and found a great new sofa so a bit more comfort for relaxing in the evenings. I hope the job is going well and you know where we are if you ever fancy popping in for a cup of tea or require accommodation again for yourself or colleagues. Kind regards