“Amazing bedroom”
Review of Beachlands Hotel

Beachlands Hotel
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Weston-super-Mare
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We have been regular visitors to this superb hotel for many years, always a warm welcome. Superb breakfasts.
This year we were given a recently refurbished room overlooking the golf course, lovely quirky decor, and to my absolute delight a TV set in the wall above the bath, what could be better lying in a warm bath with a drink while watching the football.

Room Tip: Our bedroom was number 2
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I am part of a film crew who has just spent the week at this hotel. Doing my job requires staying in a lot of hotels and after the welcome I received by the fantastic owner and manager Charles I quickly knew I was staying in a great spot. The chalet room I have stayed in resembles a luxurious beach hut and has great ambience. It also smells clean which is a big tick on my list of requirements. The menu changed every night and was delicious especially the seabass. I must point out I am writing this review in the quiet month of January 2014 so the bar closed on the dot at 11pm every night and with no room for "just one more" which is especially bad since I am Irish! I don't know if the same happens in summer months. However, I am sure I will live longer as a result and therefore will definitely stay here again. For the record, I have never written a review before on TA but felt compelled because of this hotel and Charles.

Room Tip: Ask for the outside chalet rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We needed to stay in Weston super Mare for just one night and Beachlands Hotel was in the right location. We could not have chosen better. The hotel has a charming, homely atmosphere, the rooms are prettily decorated, the food was excellent and the management and staff were helpful and friendly. The hotel can be hired for all kinds of functions, one of which we attended during our brief stay. If we return to the area, we would happily stay at Beachlands again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a very pretty, comfortable room at the front of the hotel, overlooking the golf course...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 63Margaret
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed at the Beachlands Hotel on a business trip recently as my preferred choice of business hotel was fully occupied. I am so glad as I had a lovely stay at this hotel and it was so relaxing and like being at home. The bedrooms are lovely almost like being at home, with comfortable beds and lovely furnishings. The Bathroom was very spacious and modern and everywhere was spotlessly clean. The communal parts of the hotel are also beautifully decorated and homely with excellent staff service. The food in the restaurant for evening meal and breakfast was lovely and very reasonable. Really enjoyed my stay and will be back on future business trips and with family.Thanks to all the staff : - ))

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Just a one-nighter for a short break in the area. Clean and spacious room but we were disappointed by the evening meal portions and the "Christmas meal party" seemed to get better service. Very good breakfast. Just out of town so parking not a problem. A pity we didn't have time to try the sauna.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We have made a number of holiday trips to Beachlands in the last 4 years and - please God - we shall be making more.

The Hotel ticks all of the right boxes in all of the right places so let me dwell on what is special about Beachlands. The ambience of the hotel is, as far as my wife and I are concerned, unique.
It has a warmth - nothing to do with temperature - all of its own. You immediately feel comfortable and at HOME. ast.

I see looking down the other reivews that my daughter wrote one describing our family visit in December 2012. I therefore have to confess to being the old git who embarrased her by wearing his carpet slippers in the front lounge.

I think that you reviever Bill H must have had a bad day before his visit. Also I doubt his judgement when he says he did not try breakfast. A bit like going to a Guiness brewery in Ireland and not tasting that black stuff because you did not like the look of it. Advice to Billy - go back to Beachlands and allow yourself 90 minutes to wallow over breakfast.

The Beachland breakfast is the best I have ever experienced in over 40 years of travelling both privately and on holiday. The ultimate compliment is that it is better than the Hotel Imperale
in Santa Margharita de Levante. They are too snooty there to do eggy bread and beans and you have to queue up for your fried eggs. The evening meals are also fabulous - especially at the price you are charged. I have no idea about lunch since, after a Beachlands breakfast , lunch would be one challenge too many.

We look forward to our next visit but have a weight reduction programme to complete first.

Tony Hart
Sedgley Dudley
1st January 2014

Room Tip: The first floor room on the south west corner of the main building is wonderful but so was our newly...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We booked in for 3 nights over the weekend and once again we were not disappointed. All the staff were so helpful and friendly and the service throughout was superb, we joined in with one of their party nights which we thought was excellent and helped to make our stay even more enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple