Have stayed her many times. Self drive accommodation with half board proved to be yet again very good value when compared with bed & breakfast establishments in the area.Good car parking,they have more than trebled the reserved parking places but still plenty of unreserved places. very welcoming reception staff and all of the waiting staff are friendly and efficient.The food is varied and although basic the ingredients appear to be of good quality and nicely cooked. My request for extra bacon at breakfast was met with a very polite "of course, anything else you would like". Next table at dinner did not fancy the soup variety and a couple of alternatives were offered after the waitress had checked with the kitchen.Wine prices are a little high, but about right for an hotel. A couple of days we returned to the hotel at lunch time and had a sandwich and a beer, once again when compared with cafes in town about same price for food, BUT, freshly made, good ingredients and included crisps and salad, We paid a little extra for a sea view room, comfortable bed, bathroom,etc all OK, The lady who looked after the room deserves a special mention, clean towels,shampoo,etc as needed, room and bathroom cleaned and and fully vacuumed every day, could not be faulted. Beverage tray replenished every day.
Couple of points , in our room floorboards creaked a lot (old building) and the toilet seat came adrift, this was mentioned to reception and fixed very quickly by the maintenance man with a new auto closing toilet seat.
Worth noting that Weston is changing, they now charge to use all public toilets , so its twenty P for a pee. And the pier have now introduced a £1 admission charge per person (including children) this is for each visit. We would normally spend about £5 on coffee and a sandwich on the pier but this time walked across the road and used the sea side cafe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Grand Atlantic Hotel you’ll find a magnificent turreted period property typical of the historic resort of Weston-super-Mare. The hotel stands in an excellent position on the town’s seafront, just a stone’s throw from a safe sandy beach. As well as its proximity to the town, the Grand Atlantic Hotel makes an excellent base from which to explore the West Country. The Hotel houses all of the amenities and facilities you would expect from a Coast and Country venue. In addition, our staff will offer you a warm, friendly welcome, and ensure that your stay is as relaxing and memorable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Grand Atlantic Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Atlantic Weston Super Mare
- Grand Atlantic Hotel Weston Super Mare
- Hotel Grand Atlantic