The decor in the restaurant, corridors and reception was impressive for such an old building. Our basic second floor room, although newly painted, was a bit tired-looking. (We have thrown away better bedside lights and larger and better tv's !) The bathroom was large but needed complete renovation and we struggled to work the shower.
However, there were many plus points. Hotel is 5 minutes from nearest shops and when the promenade is finished, a stone's throw from the sea.
Service was very good in restaurant and the menu was varied. There should be something to suit everybody. We didn't sample the cafe food but it was available if you didn't want to walk into town.
Surprisingly for a Shearings hotel, we experienced all age groups from babies upwards. We would recommend for coach and self-drive customers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Grand Atlantic Hotel you’ll find a magnificent turreted period property typical of the historic resort of Weston-super-Mare. The hotel stands in an excellent position on the town’s seafront, just a stone’s throw from a safe sandy beach. As well as its proximity to the town, the Grand Atlantic Hotel makes an excellent base from which to explore the West Country. The Hotel houses all of the amenities and facilities you would expect from a Coast and Country venue. In addition, our staff will offer you a warm, friendly welcome, and ensure that your stay is as relaxing and memorable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your The Grand Atlantic Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Atlantic Weston Super Mare
- Grand Atlantic Hotel Weston Super Mare
- Hotel Grand Atlantic