“Excellent budget hotel for the seaside”

Premier Inn Weston-Super-Mare East (A370) Hotel
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Weston-super-Mare
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Premier inn stands at the budget end of the hotel spectrum, but I've yet to find one with a budget feel. This hotel is located on the outskirts of the Weston-super-Mare. The town itself is just a five minute drive. There's plenty of free parking and a Beefeater restaurant attracted to the hotel. If you want to eat there its best to make a reservation with the front desk as the restaurant can get busy in the evenings. It also offers breakfast and if you want to eat therein the morning you must book.

The hotel is on two levels with just a set of stairs to climb to the top floor. It's not ideal if you have a lot of cases, but its only a short climb. The rooms themselves are very nice, and above what you'd expect for a budget hotel. Whist the rooms lack the more ostentatious style of say a Marriott or holiday inn, their decorated with a fresh, contemporary style that's very nice. Each room features tea and coffee making facilities, a large flat screen tv with freeview built in and even has the option of plugging in a DVD player or iPad should you so desire. There's also a desk for work, separate seating in the form of a chair or chaise longe which can double as a single bed. There's climate control as well as a spot to hang your jackets, pack away your clothes and store your suitcase. The bathroom is clean, modern in feel and features a combined bath/shower which is great for a long soak after a hard days sightseeing.

Outside is very quiet thanks to its proximity to a local sports centre and it offers a nice country feel to the area.

The final point I'd make is that the staff are ridiculously friendly and helpful. Something that many hotel chains seem to forget.

This is a very good hotel and I'll be using it again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 May 2013

The hotel was better than I expected for the price I paid
The staff were friendly and reliable, the service was excellent. The hotel restaurant was also very good, we ate there every day and they have some very good offers.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Refreshing....arrived late afternoon..checked in...no hassle and friendly receptionist.
Room .....ground floor as requested.....
Clean....no spotless....everything provided...hand wash, hair and body wash....good hair dryer
Pillow choice
Large tele on wall
Window you could open for fresh air..
Bath that was sparkle clean.....not often I get in and sit in a hotel bath...normally shower.
New soft towels....
Next to pool as well and beefeater.......I could go on...
Check out and our friendly receptionist wished us a safe journey. WELL DONE PREMIER INN.

Room Tip: All well placed and quiet... We were at back . Backing on to leisure centre. As we were on ground c...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maureen P
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We arrived half-an-hour before check-in time but were allowed to check in early. Receptionist was pleasant and efficient.

The room was comfortable and perfectly adequate for a one-night stay. With the very limited wardrobe space, one would not want to be there for a week. I do hate those wardrobes that are about twelve inches deep and rail runs from front to back - very difficult to retrieve the clothes that are at the back. There was a really good-sized TV on the wall and a comfortable settee from which to watch it.

We were expecting self-service breakfast, which we took in the adjoining pub. (I think it was a Brewer's Fayre if I remember rightly.) I was a bit disappointed to find the full English was waiter service, as this usually involves a long wait and we wanted to get off to an early start.. However, the waiter had a tick-box list and asked us how many of each item we would like. My husband had four rashers of back bacon! I requested lightly poached eggs and my husband requested a well-done poached egg as part of our full English. They were perfect! The breakfast arrived before we had finished our Weetabix. Very impressive.

We deliberately stayed at the out-of-town Premier because of the parking situation. We estimate it would have taken around 3/4 hour to walk into the town centre. (I'm a slow walker.) Having checked out the sea-front Premier, we're glad we gave it a miss. Probably nothing wrong with the hotel, but cars are parked in an NCP multi-story car park (I hate them) along the road.

Room Tip: I'm guessing Premier Inn rooms are pretty standard.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I go to Manchester quite often for Manchester United home games and a bit of shopping with my kids. I try to change my choice of hotel as much as possible. I have been to many Premier Inn hotels, and this is one of the better ones. The room was spacious and very clean. The receptionist was very helpful particularly seeing that we got a room in spite of checking in very early. I will be returning this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Stayed here on Sunday over the Bank Holiday weekend and found the hotel very clean and tidy. The rooms were comfortable, much more so than the Travelodge we used the following night!
The location is good as it is near the main beach area - however a newer one has just opened on the seafront which I will consider for future stop overs in the area.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel for a weekend break. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the double room was comfortable. We ate breakfast at the Beefeater next door which was excellent

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple