“I think the Velindre is great”
Review of Velindre Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Weston-super-Mare
Velindre Hotel
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Weston-super-Mare
Reviewed 30 June 2007

I was astonished to read the review of the Velindre, and thought I'd like to have my say. I've stayed at the Velindre on numerous occasions in the past year or two, and had a great time every time. It's clean and comfortable and very welcoming. If part of that is due to the owner filtering out "undesirables" then I have to say I'm very grateful to him! Keep up the good work Bob!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank lady-visitor
Reviewed 14 August 2006

i have felt compelled to write this review due to my experience last xmas. we never actually stayed here as after booking my work colleagues rooms ready for our stay and xmas party in weston super mare and numerous phone calls to verify, even checking if i needed to send a deposit was told a few days before when ringing them again that they never held our rooms due to not receiving a deposit!!!! i stated that i had asked if i needed to send one and had been told no!! it was then down to me to find other accomodation which i managed to do!! the basics of running a good guest house is to make sure bookings are wrote down and to inform staff when they need to take a deposit. i would implore all who are planning to stay in weston super mare to not book here if you want to ensure you actually have a room to stay in!!!!

2  Thank aceishigh
velindre-hotel, owner at Velindre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2007

I am grateful to the guests who advised me of this negative comment. Fotunately there are literaly hundreds of guests who are so satisfied with the customer service they get at the Velindre, they return again and again. There was a group who booked over the phone but when they arrived it was obviouse they were not the kind of people we want staying here ( I have to consider the peace and comfort of the other guests ) so I had to turn them away. If you are reading this and have any concerns please call me or pay a visit, you will be most welcome.

Bob Maddison