“oh dear”

Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Weston-super-Mare
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“oh dear”
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Shabby looking to start with,and horrible stench off carpet throughout the stair carpet.Nice sea view from room to be fair.Awfull stained carpet in bedroom,mismatched bathroom towels,no remote for tv,lift not working,promised wi fi not working in hotel,breakfast greasy and unedible. Beleive it all not when we asked what the chefs special was with the breakfast they said oh hes doing BEANS today!..... Anyway as you can see we had a pretty bad experiance on our 2 night stay.Shame because the actuall building is loverly .

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ukmatt01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2011

This hotel really isn't up to standard in any way. The food was very poor. I ordered salmon one night for my main course and it was grey in colour and so was the cauliflower that went with it. I did send it back and opted for roast pork instead. The breakfast was mostly cold. I did send it back one morning and when I told the waitress this was cold she replied "well it should be hot"!! I replied, "yes of course it should be hot, that's why I am sending it back"!!
The carpets were worn and dirty and the lift only held 2 people with a bag each, so totally inadequate for anyone who is disabled.
The highlight of my week was the Saturday when I came home.
I notice that the Manager doesn't respond to any of the reviews posted on this website, unlike other hotels I have recently looked at. Therefore, it says it all!!! Don't expect any improvements within the foreseeable future.

• Stayed May 2011
5 Thank lin076

Travellers are raving about these Weston-super-Mare hotels

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2011

its a case of you get what you pay for in this 2 star hotel, we couldnt fault the staff they were wonderfull,The beds well i wanted to sleep on the floor less springs digging in us, the shower/bathroom needed a spring clean, states free wifi but no signal anywhere,food was basic even the ants liked it when crawling over the table,the room we had did have great sea veiws the entertainment well could have been better, very creaky floor boards in all rooms above and below, would we stay again, Hum maybe our stay was short just arrived home friday 29th

Room Tip: ask for well done toast,
  • Stayed April 2011
3 Thank kimanddavid68
Birmingham, UK
Reviewed 1 March 2011

We paid £60 for one night at the Daunceys in Feb 2011. The website told us there was no parking and luckily we managed to find a spot on the road outside for the duration of our stay. Staff on reception were very friendly and welcoming. The problems started with the state of the room - the bed didnt look like it had been changed since the last occupants- i even found a few bits of change in the bed! The bathroom was filthy, the toilet hadnt been flushed and there was a dirty towel on the floor. The place smells old and stagnant and the rooms are very hot and stuffy even with all the heating off.
Breakfast was included in the price of the room, and this was another disappointment. There were no clean tables when we got there, and nobody to tell us where to sit or if we could help ourselves. There were only 2 waitresses to serve the whole room and i had to ask to have our table cleared, to bring us cups and cutlery and to bring us our breakfasts! When it did finally appear, the cooked breakfast was cold and only a childs portion! We gave up waiting for toast as i was tired of asking for it and being ignored.
The hotel is in a very good location and the view is stunning, but i dont think it was worth the money at all. Basic cleaning should be a priority and obviously this was sadly lacking here. Spend your money elsewhere!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gladt0beh0me
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2011

I like this hotel, the location could not be better. The staff are so efficient and friendly, nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast has improved since my last stay and was very satisfactory. My sea view room was really nice. I will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank 190762Lizziej
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2011

We booked a standard double room for my husband and I, the room was tiny you could not swing a cat. The bed was only a three quater and the furniture was very dated and old. The hotel is quite a walk from the main attractions, so we took the car. The Breakfast was very basic, and not very good quality.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Louisa295
Reviewed 28 January 2011

I booked a single room for two nights. At only £25 a night incl I didn't think it could go too far wrong. The room was tiny and unfortunately not in the sea side of the hotel. The room was basic, creaky and very dated with a very small ensuite. I guess you get what you pay for but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011