“Good for a two-star hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dauncey's Hotel

Dauncey's Hotel
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Weston-super-Mare
Wales
“Good for a two-star hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

For two stars, you cannot really expect much more. The hotel reception is nice enough, with friendly staff. Although, there was a mix up with our breakfast bookings. On arrival, we were appointed to the cranky old lift, which, while sufficient, was quite scary to travel in as it was so old! But it's all in good fun. The room itself was decorated plainy, with tea and coffee facilities, a small tv, alarm clock, bedside lamps, and a large mirror. The bed and the bathroom were clean, which to be honest is really only what we wanted as we were only there two nights. The shower wasn't the most pleasant, with slow flowing water and a grubby shower curtain. But it was adequate. We unfortunately didn't have a sea view, instead it was of the houses opposite. Breakfast was measly, but what can you expect for a fiver nowadays. Drinks in the bar quite expensive. To round off review, a decent two-star hotel in a good location.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Zoe P
Gemma A, Manager at Dauncey's Hotel, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We very much appreciate our guests taking the time to do this and to speak favourably of our hotel. The hotel offers a full cooked breakfast, a range of cereals, fruit juices, fresh fruit and yoghurt, together with plenty of hot toast, tea and coffee. I am sorry to hear this did not meet your expectations on this occasion. We will of course take on board your comments regarding the bar prices. Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to Daunceys Hotel in the very near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

We have just got back from a stay at Daunceys hotel. We wanted somewhere to stay after T4 on the beach so that we could head back the day after. Whilst the hotel is fine for what we needed it for- somewhere to sleep close to the beach, it was definitely not worth the £40 we paid for it.

The hotel is extremely dated, tired, old fashioned and dirty. There was random bags of washing along the corridors and two of my friends had not hot water in their shower and had to come and use ours. I mentioned this to the manager this morning when we just checked out and He barely acknowledged what I had said. There was no real apology or attempt to rectify the situation.

The hotel was probably nice 50 years ago but is in major need of a face lift. It's only good point was the lovely view that we had out of the window. If I had booked here to stay whilst on holiday I would have been extremely disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Katieh504201
Gemma A, Manager at Dauncey's Hotel, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
I am really sorry that the hotel’s décor did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I would like to thank you for taking the time to us about the aspects of your stay that you did enjoy. I am disappointed that the water to the shower was not sufficient, and this has been rectified at the hotel. This is a peak time for Weston-super-Mare during the T4 event. We still keep our prices competitive and not excessive. I apologise that your issues were not dealt with at the hotel at the time. Your feed back is very important to us and we really value your custom as such I offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you may have suffered during your stay.

Travellers are raving about these Weston-super-Mare hotels

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

We stayed her for one night on the 19th June and after having to cancel a weekend stay recently.
We often stay in the area and must admit had not stayed here before.
What a little gem !! VIEWS to die for... nice sitting oput area and pout room had a very small balcony.
VERY helpful staff. Simon the Manager was very amiable and helpful.
Excellent breakfast. Waiting staff very attentive.
The hotel is old ,( what I would term shabby chic!!) but as an overall experience it was very good.
I would recommend it totally.
I think oversea visitors can experience a bit of old Empire grandeur!!

Room Tip: Go for a balcony view and wake up to the sea and a lovely walkway below. We were on the first flo...