“dirty cramped rooms, outdated decor. Not pleased.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seaward Hotel

Seaward Hotel
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Weston-super-Mare
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“dirty cramped rooms, outdated decor. Not pleased.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Not at all pleased with our stay at the seaward in April 2014. We had two rooms, both were not clean and the wallpaper/curtains ect looked like it was about to come off. Needs a revamp!!
Restaurant was ok- menu looked ok (slightly expensive) but food not particularly exciting (veg tasted bland, and was watery). Service reasonable- waiters seemed rushed and didn't have time for our dessert orders! (so we went without!) Bill was wrong- charged us for drinks we didn't even order, which was sorted but slightly annoying. Tip: ask for jugs of water, drinks very expensive!
Overall, not visiting again. No one seemed to want to take our complaint about our rooms seriously. One positive- ok location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Vicki W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We arrived after a long coach journey and were greeted by smiling staff. The location is perfect, across the road from the beach. A short walk to the Pier and into the town. Bus stops right outside the hotel. Our room was small but beds were spotlessly clean and comfortable. The bathroom was tiny. The decor is dated but the staff made up for that, nothing was too much trouble, for them. The food was excellent, thanks you to Miguel and David. Miguel came and spoke to all the residents and made sure they were satisfied. We took a local resident for lunch on Sunday and he said the Carvery was the nicest he had eaten. Lee, Sunday night's singer, was a great entertainer .
With a little TLC, this would be an even better place to stay.
Thank you to all the staff at the Seaward

Room Tip: If you have any mobility problems, ask for a room with a bigger bathroom.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mdee45
Soham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights from the 14th-17th March 2014. After I had booked the hotel I started to read the reviews and started to panic as to what I was to expect once we arrived. However, the hotel was quite cheap 150 pounds for three nights, on arrival we were pleasantly greeted and the room was ample in size. The room smelt musty, and was quite cold as the window was open and the heating was turned off at the radiator, a quick window closure and turning the radiator on and the room was nice and warm for when we returned from our evening meal. The musty smell, as I discovered and informed reception when we left was a faulty extraction fan in the shower room.
We had a double room, the bed was a good size and was very warm at night. There was a small tv which we managed to watch laying on the bed with no issues and a good sized wardrobe big enough to hang our enough clothes in for a short break. There was a nice view of the Grand pier and the sea with shared balcony and a small but manageable shower, it did take some time to figure out how to regulate the temperature but it was great after that.
The hotel as a whole was clean, we have no complaints about its cleanliness.
There was a coach tour staying at the hotel all of which were elderly but active and this seemed to be the appeal of the hotel with its quite dated interior, very much a blast from the past, but it was a cheap hotel, a place to sleep and relax in, that was the purpose of my partner and I coming down to Weston-super-Mare.
The first morning breakfast let the hotel down. There were two people taking orders, the coach tourists were seen to first and then the other guests, which I thought would be the case, as they were all sat in the dining room as you entered and the other guests seated closer to the kitchen. The breakfasts were good the choice of cereal, grapefruit or juice before the fried breakfast, but the toast two consecutive mornings was cold. They were quite disorganised, firstly there being no butter for toast and then missing cutlery. The top tip I can give for breakfasts here is to come down 5-10 minutes after 8:30, on our departure day we were down around 8:35 ish we were served quite promptly, had larger cereal portions and a larger fried breakfast, even the toast was hot this morning. All in all, it is a very dated hotel which caters for the older residents, but it is a good hotel for the bed and breakfast aspect, I would stay here again if we ever visit WSM again, it is a very good value hotel. I cannot comment on evening meals in the hotel as my partner and I did not eat in, not because of any reason other than wanting to get out the hotel to see a bit more of WSM.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LPettitt
Wrexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

You maybe surprised by my opening title but I tell it how it really is, to begin with I am a coach driver who visits many hotels, I know what the companies charge etc etc, having just spent the weekend here at the seaward, I think a lot of you are members of that exclusive club. Hrc better known as the holiday refund club !!!!!!!!!!!! I have nothing to gain or lose by my thoughts I tell it how it is and from arrival to departure the staff could not do enough for my group and the entertainment was outstanding with no cover charge, I cannot wait to go back, thanks guys and gals, hope to see you all soon. A+++++++++. If you want 5 star quality then you don't belong on a budget low priced coach holiday. Rant over from Brian in North Wales

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
13 Thank Roverite58
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

My partner and I stayed in this hotel as part of a National Holidays tour to Weston super Mare for 4 nights. To start off the week, we hadn't even got off the coach when someone from the hotel came on and said what we were having for dinner then scuttled off. Room very small, bathroom was ok but very tiny. When we mentioned this we thought something may have got done, but nothing did. Our window couldn't open and we had problem with the lock to the door to the actual room. Breakfast was limited, the coffee jug on the table was expected to go round 4 people and when we asked for more coffee and a pot of tea we felt like naughty school kids. As for asking for fruit juice - we may as well not have bothered. Dinners for the rest of the week were not that great either and the staff seemed to give the impression that we were all a burden to them.

Enjoyed Weston super Mare and Bristol but would not use this hotel again. It looked lovely on the website but looks can be deceiving.

Room Tip: Definitely look round at other hotels around Weston super Mare. We were very disappointed with our s...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank carol j

Travellers are raving about these Weston-super-Mare hotels

bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

My wife and i are frequent visitors to the hotel on a sundays, i would recommend their Carvery to anyone, superb quality and value also the service in the bar is always excellent and staff welcoming and friend and being its in a great location its the perfect place to go and stay in the resort.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ourworldBristol
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I decided to take my girlfriend here for the night as it was valentines. As I briefly scrolled the website, I thought the wording and the pictures looked quite appealing.
Up on arrival I was soon to realise that I was wrong. As we arrived they said they don't have a clue who I am, even when I showed them my online booking. They said they had no more double rooms, but they had room '53'. So that was our room for the night, at the bottom of a long corridor we were greeted with no heating, shocking furnishing and minimal space, I carried on to open the closed curtains only to find that our ''seaside view'' to be a storage shelter for the kitchen of the restaurant next door, with chefs and other staff roaming and using the area as a smoking hut.
We ignored all of this and proceeded to go for food, and hit the town, returning back at 1:30 am looking forward to getting in bed, as we tried to unlock the front door, we soon found out that neither keys we were given fitted the lock!! We rang the phone, no answer. The doorbell, no answer. Banged repeatedly on the door, shock, no answer. Roughly 30 minutes after being stood freezing cold on the door step I spotted a open window in the lounge, so my girlfriend had to climb up through the tiny hatch window and let me in!! Finally getting to our room, we were kept awake by a barking dog until about 4:00 am.
The next morning we refused breakfast, and I asked for a refund and there reply was 'you slept in the bed in the end, so no chance'
After a few words were said, I got a full refund.
Didn't think they expected a teenage couple to have such an amount to say.
I would not wish anyone to stay at this dump. Ever.

• Stayed February 2014