“very friendly hotel, super location”
Review of Seaward Hotel

Seaward Hotel
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Weston-super-Mare
Reviewed 7 December 2010

We went up for the weekend for the Miss Great Britain Finals, on arrival we were meet and welcomed by 2 lovely ladies at reception, we then went up to our rooms which were a bit dated but the room was clean and we had all the facilities we needed.
We had lunch after we were settled and the food was fantastic, we decided to stay after we booked out to have their carvery which was fantastic too. All the staff were friendly and could not do enough for us and the other customers.
The location is super, right on the sea front and opposite the new grand pier, we will back again in the summer.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank peaches6837

Reviewed 6 December 2010

We were advised by Liz Fuller of Miss GB to quote Miss GB to this hotel we were then charged £40 per person per night B&B for two nights stay we paid £160. We have since learned that they only charge £30 PP per Night B&B. Were is our other £40, be advised contact them I am and find out were that extra money has goneI can not complain about but the Hotel is deffinately due a refurb.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank theresascope
Reviewed 17 October 2010

We called to have a drink and ordered 1pint of Stella Artlois and a Gin and Tonic.

Bar person asked if we wanted Gordon's Gin or the House Gin.

Ordered House Gin and upon service of both drinks was charged -----£8.20p !

Queried this and was then told that House Gin were "doubles". We were annoyed at this SCAM and particularly the facgt that this was never mentioned at time of ordering. Also the danger if someone were driving at this practice and being duped.

Complained to manageress but upon mentioning this was sharp practice and that the facts would be reported to the Weights and Measures were then refunded £3.20p.

Do beware this scam. Another couple also complained as to how 2 drinks amounted to £7.95 for a pint of lager and a small glass of HOUSE wine !

RIP OFF BRITAIN

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hankerchief
Reviewed 4 October 2010

On approach to the hotel me and my wife was filled with disdain at the horrible 1970s meditteranean package holiday fascade. Ugly awnings of a faded red colour and peeling paint work. Needles to say the mood was some what sedated.
On entering the hotel the 70s theme yet again continued which was rather confusing as when i was reading about the history of weston super mare i found out it was victorian and couldnt see where the victorian features were. Check in was good and prompt and we went to our room. Again 70s theme with buzy fabrics and basic accomodation, ok but nothing spectacular.
The vast menu was acceptable with a standard bar menu at an affordable price. Wouldnt mind eating there again.
When me and my wife investigated weston we were greated by mass re development of the seafront and pier. There was a big brick wall being constructed out side the hotel which only served as a welcome block on my line of vision on the awful pier. Big, grey and of bad design, which only gets worse when the lights go out when the so called pier in illuminated like a christmas tree with what looked like long rope lights of multicoloured variety, I expect there was an early christmas sale on qvc. An eyesore to say the least.
We had an ok nights sleep only occasionally being woken by drunken revellers, and breakfast in the morning was adequate and warm.
I would not recommend this hotel on the basis the weston super mare has no charm or character with atrocious design, run down hotels and nothing of entertainment value.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank whiteyclean
Reviewed 29 September 2010

brilliant hotel great food free entertainment and fiendly staff . owner mrs michael is a lovely person and very obliging, the free entertainment every night is really good especially Andrea and Lee, Dave Curran. great for older generation, lovely restaruant and superb menu.
Wal Prottey Birmingham.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wally020
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I went away for a very well earned rest from my business and chose the hotel for the location.I asked for a balcony room so I could relax overlooking the sea.
They were most accommodating for my needs and I had a very comfortable double room
with patio doors to the balcony which had furniture and a parasol.All I would need was in my room including a good T.V. tea making things,a hair dryer and a working radiator although I was lucky enpough to go in a heatwave.
The Continental outside cafe was lovely also.
I was very happy with the very reasonably priced room - just the "ensuite "was a smelly chemical toilet and shower built into the corner.
Although I was a lady tavelling alone,I was made to feel most comfortable by the owners and particularly the staff who were charming and friendly.
I was impressed by the entertainment for their guests every night and again,I was quite happy to have a drink at the bar with the friendly staff and guests, some who were locals and liked the hotel atmosphere.
I have to say it was much more than I expected for the price.I didn't expect the Ritz but the location and comfort worked for me and I will certainly go there again when I need a break by the sea.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank jaxy1
Reviewed 22 August 2010

when roast meat is offered as main meal I did not expect sliced meat from a supermarket

while trying to order a sandwich for lunch there was no ham or beef available as it was Sunday and the meat was on at the carvery so we had to go elsewhere to buy lunch. The staff didn't seem to mind losing business

I will certainly think twice about going on an Urquart tour again if this is the standard of hotels they are now using

• Stayed: August 2010